Ac-21 and i-9

Ohio boy

Registered Users (C)
I've pending 485 since July-07 (fiasco) and eligible to change jobs as per law and got a PERM offer, told to my consultant he said OK to switch jobs.

After couple of days from my information current employer (consultant and who is sponsoring GC) is asking to fill I-9 form, usually we all fill I-9 at the time of joining, wondering why they are asking now. My last date will be Sep-26-08 with the consulting company.

Just wondering will it be a trap or something guys anyone have any Idea?

Do I need to fill I-9 again and submit SSN/DL ?

Thanks,
OhioMan

Last edited by a moderator:
I've pending 485 since July-07 (fiasco) and eligible to change jobs as per law and got a PERM offer, told to my consultant he said OK to switch jobs.

After couple of days from my information current employer (consultant and who is sponsoring GC) is asking to fill I-9 form, usually we all fill I-9 at the time of joining,
wondering why they are asking now.
--------------------Why dont you ask him directly?
My last date will be Sep-26-08 with the consulting company.

Just wondering will it be a trap or something guys anyone have any Idea?

Do I need to fill I-9 again and submit SSN/DL ?
---------------- dont write the present date on I-9 form if you submitted I-9 in past. why cant you ask them directly why they need I-9 form from you as you are going to work with other employer.
Thanks,
OhioMan

you fill up I-9 when you join. I think you joined on H1 status and filled up I-9. did you use EAD after you got EAD and did not fill up new I-9? may be the employer HR lost your I-9 form

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ginnu,

I did asked my HR and got an readymade answer we are reconstructing the files, I never used EAD with current company (H1B valied untill this month end).

If they force me to sign, as u said I'm not going to enterr current date.