Absent parent for minor's passport renewal


New Member

Good Day ya'll ;

I am attempting to renew my son's passport at a US consulate abroad, and as we all know, both parents must appear before the consular to renew the minor's passport. My wife refuses to attend the consular and she refuses to assist in any way. I also read that I could submit form DS-3035 after having it notarized, but my wife refuses to sign it or have it notarized.

Because of security concerns, I am unable to divorce her and obtain custody of my son. What can I do to renew my son's passport on my own as she abandoned him for seven years while I am still married to my wife and cannot divorce her?

Your help is much appreciated