about physical card?

honeyhappy

Registered Users (C)
Friends!
I got my passport stamped in sept 2004 and waiting for the physical card. I called 1800 no and recieved a letter stating my info and saying that I-89 was recieved in set 2004 and file has been sent for last step in producing GC If temp card expires make an appointment with info pass for an extension.
My question here is I have accepted a job offer in PA. So should I just give my address change PA (file AR11) and since it falls in different service center-will it affect deleivery /delay of card.?
Alternatively, I can give on eof my friends address of Chicago.
What you suggest is safest and appropriate option - give friends chicago address or give my home add of PA state.
MAny thanks for your input.

AR-11 does not change the address on any of your pending cases. You are required to file it by law to update USCIS of your address changes, but they won't change your address on any pending casesjust because you filed an AR-11, unless you specifically call or fax them about the specific cases you have pending with them.

It is better you send the AR-11 with your PA address and call the 800 number explain to them that you are waiting on the physical card. That way all the pending applications will get updated and if you are lucky then it might get delivered to your new address.

curiousGeorge is right. You need to call them since your case is still pending. You need to keep USCIS updated of your address utilizing the AR-11 procedure, a process which will not update your pending cases.
Bottom line, if you are moving to PA, you need to do both, one for your card process, and one for updating USCIS. I would add another step, leave a mail forward address with USPS for as long as you can, just to ensure that everything will be forwarded (including the card). that way, if they failed to update the address when you call them, you increase the chances of receiving it.

Hope it help,

Good luck,

gvaknin said:
I would add another step, leave a mail forward address with USPS for as long as you can, just to ensure that everything will be forwarded (including the card). that way, if they failed to update the address when you call them, you increase the chances of receiving it.

Good one, I forgot about that. I did the same, and although I did call and send an AR-11, if I hadn't changed my address at USPS, I would not have gotten mail from USCIS.

curiousGeorge said:
Good one, I forgot about that. I did the same, and although I did call and send an AR-11, if I hadn't changed my address at USPS, I would not have gotten mail from USCIS.

I though CIS letters don't get forwarded, or am I mistaking?

npnjan02 said:
I though CIS letters don't get forwarded, or am I mistaking?
I have also read this in some threads. But in my case I got my 2nd EAD approved on 28-July-04 and I made request for change of address with USCIS on 02-Aug-04. By that time, USCIS had already mailed EAD at old address. Since I had submitted mail delivery request with USPS, they diverted EAD at new address (which was only 10 miles from old and in same county). Probably depends on USPS.

So I guess in conclusion I should give my PA address and also inform USPS about change in address. Now is anyone make sure what forms have to be filled out for chnage of address withUSCIS or just calling 1800 should be OK.
thanks

honeyhappy said:
So I guess in conclusion I should give my PA address and also inform USPS about change in address. Now is anyone make sure what forms have to be filled out for chnage of address withUSCIS or just calling 1800 should be OK.
thanks
Here is summary of what is required:
1. AR-11 to be sent by mail - one form per member
2. Call USCIS and get address corrected by giving LIN #, A# etc for all members. You should get written confirmation in 30 days, if not call again
3. USPS - mail forwarding card

as I know, USPS does not forward any letter from USCIS, it is required by 'law'. one of my friends waits for one more year, because his card got lost when the card was returned to USCIS. USPS did not forward to his new address, although in the same city. On the letter, it will have 'Return Services Required', is that right? my laywer also told me the same thing.

What should be done one canot leave oppertunities for so many years I have lost couple of these for good job, I am sure many of us must be in the same situation. Can we give atterony address? what is the solution?

Quiting company before 6 months?

honeyhappy said:
My question here is I have accepted a job offer in PA. So should I just give my address change PA (file AR11) and since it falls in different service center-will it affect deleivery /delay of card.?
Are you quiting the company that sponsered you Green Card before you get your Green Card? If so, you shouldn't let INS know about this. INS can file a fraud charge on you for using your company to get green card.
You should consider staying with the company atleast 6 months.

No I filed at my own in extraordinay ability and is moving from one university to other university. My stamping was done in Aug 2004 . I will remain in same filed of work. What is the suggestion guys

honeyhappy said:
No I filed at my own in extraordinay ability and is moving from one university to other university. My stamping was done in Aug 2004 . I will remain in same filed of work. What is the suggestion guys
Sorry, I assumed you to be a regular EB3 catagory. Since your employer is not sponsering you. You should be fine.

Since 2002 Dec....
After one changes address with USCIS national customer service, NSC will send a change of address confirmation letter. If one does not receive such a letter, contact 800 number again to make sure your address is updated.
To my surprise, in 2003 we received our EAD cards in envolpes not marked as USCIS on the top left..., may be such mail will be forwarded by USPS when ever a forwarding address was found...
If the envelope says return service requested..., USPS will not forward mail even if one gives a forwarding address with USPS.