About education (DV-2019)

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by noobeleng, Oct 7, 2017.

  1. noobeleng

    noobeleng New Member

    Hello there!
    Got one question regardless education. I'm from Russia, and i've got Specialist Degree, been styding for 5.5 years. So, what should i choose when choosing my highest education degree?

    University Degree
    Some Graduate Level Courses
    Master's Degree

    As far as i understand Univercity Degree = Bachelor Degree = 3years
    Master's Degree = 5 years
    In Russia we are still got the remenants of German educational system, we've got Bachelor, then Master, and that goes Doctors. And there is this Specialist Degree.

    According to Wikipedia:
    "Specialist diplomas were perceived equal to Western MSc/MA qualification."

    So what should i choose? And what will happen if i choose, for example, Master's Degree, and then during the process i wuold find out that i instead should have choose University Degree? Or otherwise?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. Britsimon

    Britsimon Super Moderator

    It doesn't matter. Just pick one.
  3. SusieQQQ

    SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

    I’d probably go with “some graduate level courses”. It seems clearly above a bachelors, however the term “perceived” in the extract you quoted would make me reluctant to definitely choose “masters”. As Simon says, it won’t impact eligibility anyway.
  4. noobeleng

    noobeleng New Member

    i went with Masters, thx for the help guys!
  5. TheaT

    TheaT New Member

    Hi guys, it's been a while since I'm on this forum but a friend of mine has a similar question regarding education for DV2019.

    Would an advanced diploma in photography classify as Vocational school or University degree or some university courses? My friend has completed high school and applying from the OC region.

    Sorry to hijack this thread but thought it's a similar category to the original post.

    Thank you for your help in advance!
  6. SusieQQQ

    SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

    If s/he has completed high school that’s all that’s needed to qualify for DV.
    I believe a photography diploma would usually be seen as some sort of vocational school. Was it awarded by a university or by another type of institution?
    TheaT likes this.
  7. TheaT

    TheaT New Member

    Thank you so much Susie for your quick response!
    Yes her diploma was awarded from a college/institution that have university degrees.

    Thank you again for your help!
  8. sephh

    sephh New Member

    Hi, so I understand it doesn't really matter as long as we have a high school diploma? Because I wasn't sure myself what to pick : I do have a high school diploma, and also a certification from a private programming school (3 years), but not recognized by the state.
  9. Sm1smom

    Sm1smom Super Moderator

    It doesn't matter as long as you have a HS diploma attesting to a successful completion of HS.

Share This Page