A question to TheRealCanadian

kia

Registered Users (C)
Since your case was tranfered after you replying the RFE, could you tell me the reason? Did you call IIO after the replying RFE? Thanks!

Good luck!

Originally posted by kia
Since your case was tranfered after you replying the RFE, could you tell me the reason? Did you call IIO after the replying RFE? Thanks! Good luck!

I do not know the reason. All I can do is surmise. Here goes:

The RFE indicated that since I was not working for my petitioning employer, I needed to provide an updated job letter with duties, compensation and employment prospects. I did so, but the letter only detailed my job title, not my duties. I suspect that it got thrown to an interview to determine the duties, if they are try similar. The pay is $1,500 below the LC, but by the time the interview comes about it should be at that level. The nice thing about W2s is that they count my bonus and 401K match, which adds to my base salary number.

The other, more ominous, possibility is that they may question my intent since I was not working for my sponsor at the time of the I-485 filing. However, the offer letter accompanying te I-485 was dated after my layoff, and my former employer had every intention of hiring me on at a future date when the I-485 was filed. I had every intention of working for them. 9/11, however, changed things somewhat - especially since they do a fair bit of DoD work.

Thank you for the info.

I wish you good luck for interview.

Since there is a guy (id=2004) posted yesterday that the IIO issue him a RFE just becoz he query his status, do you think it's possible?

Originally posted by TheRealCanadian
I do not know the reason. All I can do is surmise. Here goes:

The RFE indicated that since I was not working for my petitioning employer, I needed to provide an updated job letter with duties, compensation and employment prospects. I did so, but the letter only detailed my job title, not my duties. I suspect that it got thrown to an interview to determine the duties, if they are try similar. The pay is $1,500 below the LC, but by the time the interview comes about it should be at that level. The nice thing about W2s is that they count my bonus and 401K match, which adds to my base salary number.

The other, more ominous, possibility is that they may question my intent since I was not working for my sponsor at the time of the I-485 filing. However, the offer letter accompanying te I-485 was dated after my layoff, and my former employer had every intention of hiring me on at a future date when the I-485 was filed. I had every intention of working for them. 9/11, however, changed things somewhat - especially since they do a fair bit of DoD work.

Re: Thank you for the info.

Originally posted by kia
I wish you good luck for interview. Since there is a guy (id=2004) posted yesterday that the IIO issue him a RFE just becoz he query his status, do you think it's possible?

I highly doubt this.

In most cases, IIOs are not ajudication officers. You're going to have an RFE issued by an individual who is not an ajudication officer? That's going to raise eyebrows. Additionally, you're not going to issue an RFE unless you see the evidence in the file, which means requesting the physical file via RAFICS. That gets logged, too.

That's an awful lot of work to issue an RFE just out of spite. And since when have the folks at the Service Centers been known to do extra work? ;)