A lot of travel = longer name check process?

FlyingTurk

Registered Users (C)
In an effort to find out what lengthens the name check process I have asked few people who went throught the N400 process in last year..
My experience was a person who 'stayed put' got a faster response time compared to someone who traveled outside of US a lot.
We have a friend who in 6 years of residency traveled to his home country 2-3 times who got his process in 5 months. On the other hand we have someone who owned a logistics company and traveled to Europe and Asia on business almost twice a month.
Same thing goes for a guy who was a permanent resident for 16 years and didn't travel, didn't even move outside of his county. The opposite one is a person who moved constantly and traveled outside of US a lot..

Any idea if this is a valid pattern?

not necessarily true

Hi,

I had only 3 trips of 30 days or less but I am still in name check so I do not think that has any impact.

Regards

Any idea if this is a valid pattern?

In my case, I made 8 trips outside the US for a total of 400 days and I became a citizen 5 months after applying. My wife made the exact same trips with me and she'll be a citizen on Tuesday...6 1/2 months after applying.

I don't think this has an affect. My Namecheck was close to a year and I have no traveled outside of the US ever since I stepped Foot in it back in April of 2001

I have a question. They say that women name check is faster than men.Is that right?
Not "faster" per se ... they're probably less likely to be stuck for a long time.

The more criminals out there that have the same name as you, the more likely you are to get stuck as the FBI search brings up records for those criminals and then they have to manually look through the records to determine that you are not the same person as those criminals.

There are far more male criminals than female, so women are probably less likely to be stuck. Similarly, an uncommon name (male or female) is probably less likely to get stuck.

As far as I know, there is no correlation between travel history and namecheck delays. I had 463 days outside the US and sailed through all the background checks without a hitch.

I like the expression "sailed through the background checks" :)

I guess our friend flydog *flew* through the name checks :) :)

I think there is no connection with name check and number of your time traveling around but might have some relationship with what countries you are traveling to.

Don't know if there is any connection, but I remember the interviewer looking over my file during the interview and saying something about all my travel paying off.

Since I had many international trips during the 5 years & have a common last name, my interpretation was that the travel somehow helped with the name check. But no way to really know.