A Joke from CIS

Publicus

Registered Users (C)
Let's laugh a little: :D

Our friends at CIS sent me a letter today regarding my mother's case. The letter states that their file is still missing a change of address form AR-11, even though I changed the abode over the phone.

The funny thing is that they added a clause stating that it is an offense not to file AR-11 and that I might be deported. :D

Should I answer these bastards and say: GO AHEAD and good luck. :D

Just a word of caution of updating anything via the phone. I gave them my citizenship certificate number over the phone, and after like 3 months - they still could not tell me if my wife's file reflected that I was a citizen or not.

Do yourself a favor, send a copy to were you file originally with a cover letter stating what you are trying to do, and a photocopy of all your correspondences with the CIS. Otherwise - everything else is a waste of time. I would use priority mail or whatever to show deliver was made.

Trust me, I've called and called and everything was told - we sent your inquiry, you should hear something in 3-4 weeks. In that time in the mail - I get the following: You are so and so, and your information is so and so, and it shows you called at this time ... nothing else ... and when I call again ... I get the same thing: please wait 3-4 weeks for a response - cycle them 4 times, and you guessed it.. 4 months passed by.

Read my previous posts ... written correspondence is the best ... hope it helps.

Publicus said:
Let's laugh a little: :D

Our friends at CIS sent me a letter today regarding my mother's case. The letter states that their file is still missing a change of address form AR-11, even though I changed the abode over the phone.

The funny thing is that they added a clause stating that it is an offense not to file AR-11 and that I might be deported. :D

Should I answer these bastards and say: GO AHEAD and good luck. :D
Publicus,

You can only change address over the phone for pending immigration applications. You still have to file form AR-11 in order to notify USCIS about your current residence. Sounds silly...indeed it is. However, I have never seen USCIS implemnt AR-11 law.

My advise...file the form and get done with it.

There are several things that they do not implement though :rolleyes: ...but you never know if you will be the 1% statistic that they do :cool: .

And yes, you need to file the AR-11 as well, both things, AR-11 and call over the phone (if you have a pending application). By the way, it is suppose that if the sponsor moves should do the same thing right? per instructions on the Affidavit of Support.