A complicated Canada - USA situation is coming!

Mustangs29

Ok I dont really know where to start on this one but ill give it a go and if anyone can help i will surely take any advice.
So Im Irish, living in Calgary, with my fiance whos Canadian. I met him in Ireland where he has been living for about 9 years so he has an Irish passport, that says he is Canadian. We are getting married in a couple of months, before xmas! I have over-stayed now on my visitors visa and am gone over by 6 months and have not applied to stay as we havent been able to afford anything till now. We have decided we want to move to North Dakota, just across the border hopefully in the next 6 months to a year. He owns a house in Ontario which he intends to sell and buy a house and pay for fully in North Dakota. He also has a job here and will travel back and forth to Canada for it or so he intends. He also thinks we can just drive down when we are married and say we bought a house and it will all be ok which i know he will be sadly mistaken!?
I dont even know where to start and am very worried where I stand?
If anyone has any advice on what i need to do to be able to live there with him...Being a female I'm very worried as I'm afraid they wont even let me in but we both really want to move.We will do anything but dont want to have to wait years!!
Also I wont need to work as he will support me.