8 months after RFE, still no FP2 nothing

I left messages for FBI name check two times with a gap of 2 weeks in between.
I didn't get any response.
Did any one get response. If so, can you provide me the options to press after calling the ph number. Just to make sure i did it right.

Thanks.

I saw in the forum to contact the LOCAL FBI office for checking the status of name check.

I think that is the best approach.

thanks
GlenMD

I did not get any response from FBI after I faxed, donno how long it takes.. one person in this forum also contacted senator for getting response from FBI. But I will wait few more days to make any other effort.

Prasa,

I contacted senator's office, one thing is that i got the response from them is

" My file is with the adjuticator and .....". But when i asked with them about the detail status, they said that they cannot get it.

So I dont whether senator can help us or not.

Other option which i am thinking is to contact the local FBI office and find the name check status from that office.

-glenmd

Guys FYI:

I got response from my senator office saying that my case is assigned to an adjudicator.

I also got reply from VSC to my expedite fax request saying that my case is under review. I send fax on last Tuesday & Yesterday I got the response.

Are these generic responses? in how many days I can expect from now? any guess?

For me a month over after senator saying me that "Case is with the adjuticator ".

So i think you should ask for the senator(if possible) get a detail status. I am trying the same from my side, but senator office is saying that they will take time to do it.

Now, I am asking my attorney to followup on the case with INS directly.

Again i have faxed the info. to FBI for name check. still waiting......

format

I used the following format to send fax to VSC. This is almost similar except little changes to posted by one of our friend here. The fax #: 802-527-4816

-------------------------------------------------------------------
From,
Xxxxx
Xxxxx

To,
ATTN: Expedite Request
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services - Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479

Subject: Expedite Request for I-485 application with receipt date March xx, 2002

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is regarding our Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjustment of Status. Our I-485 applications filed at VSC was pending since 03-29-2002. Ours is an employment based (EB-2) application and I am the primary applicant.

According to the processing times published by USCIS, VSC is currently processing EB2 applications with RD April 17, 2002 whereas our RD is xx-xx-2002 still pending.

We received a request for evidence on October xx, 2003. We have submitted all requested documents or information and the website shows the updated status on October xx, 2003 to received requested information. Since then I have not heard anything from your office for nearly x months.

Further to that, we have completed our 2nd Fingerprinting process on xxl xx, 2004 at xxxxx, XX - INS office. This was done without a FP notice when we visited INS office for getting 3rd intern-EAD to avoid another 135 miles trip to the INS office. However the online case status does not reflect any information about our 2nd Fingerprinting.

This been done, I do not know if there's some kind of center error that is causing the delay/backlog in the adjudication of our I-485 applications.

I now find myself in a very difficult predicament. I am trying to buy a house and settle down with my wife and xx-month old daughter, but the ongoing insecurity over my status in the USA and the impacts this will have on my future make it very difficult for me to be a productive and permanent member of society. If you could please help me in any way it would be greatly appreciated.

I understand that VSC processes thousands of applications every day and processing times could vary case by case. However, as our cases are backlogged and as I have failed to receive any clear communication from USCIS, I would like to present this fax request to review our applications and expedite the adjudication of our cases.

I would also appreciate if you could suggest an estimated processing time for the adjudication of our applications in your reply.

And here are our case details -
………………………… give your's and your spouse case details ……………………………..

Thank you very much for reading this request and hoping to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
……………. you sign here …………….

Last edited by a moderator:
glenmd
I was told by senator that my name check, bg check, fp is cleared and doing other things like employer verification (what he told me). I am not sure whether he is guessing or giving the information he got from VSC, so I will wait and see what happends. My only worry is my current company is very small 6 empl & annual turn over is ~ 500k, present salary is 10% less LC salary. But they are willing to give LC salary after getting my GC, very co-operative.

Gurus does this a problem?

What if they feel that the company is very small? will they issue another rfe? or will they give some to choose another company?

Guys!

Just now I spoke to my attorney and asked him why itz taking such a long time to get my GC approved and he replied saying that, today he spoke to INS guys in the morning regd my GC and INS guys told him that my Security Check is not yet cleared..whenever it is cleared it will get approved.

so what I have to do and to whom I should have to speak regd security check...I hope you guys are extremly good when compare to our attorneys(idiots) in providing the information.

your suggestions will help me out and as well as our frnds who are in the same line.

RD : 20/03/2002
ND : 10/04/2002
FP1: 21/05/2003
RFE ISSUED: 10/09/03 (For medicals & Emp -letter)
RFE RCVD: 11/14/03
3rd EAD AD: 06/04/2004