7th year extension with old PD-possible????

saa

Registered Users (C)
I have approved LC and I-140 from previous job, which I have quit since. The PD is more than 1 year old.
Do I qualify for 7th year extension?????
My lawyer says that according to the wording of the law (and due to the lack of guidance from the INS) this should be possible but cannot be 100% sure.
Has anybody achieved 7th year extension by this route?????
Please respond.

Im in the same boat.

I have applied for 7th year ext based on previous employer\'s labour and I-140 approval.

AC-21 law doesnt really state that the Labor and I-140 need to be with the current employer. A Lawyer did tell me that he had gotten an ext based on old LAbor and I-140. So, lets hope it works.

Waiting for response.

Immanuel

No Title

ianand, have you already applied?
Could you please tell me the lawyer\'s name who has successfully obtained such an extension?
According to Gotcher this should be possible but, could\'nt tell me if he had such success.
Thank you.

Re: 7th year with Old I-140

Is it really possible to do 7th year H1, with a valid I-140 from
a previous employer ??

Great question, but not so great answer

I wish I had a better answer but this is one that nobody seems to know the answer to. I posted this to an AILA mailing group and nobody seemed to know for sure. I certainly would try it if left with no alternative but I also wouldn\'t recommend relying on it if you have any way around it. I don\'t see anything in the law itself that prohibits it but there are not any implementing regulations for AC21 so this is another question mark.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-262-0575

The Lawyer\'s Details

I heard he is pretty good.

Dan Maranci
Pappas & Lenzo
Ph: 617-742-0080 x222
Fax: 617-742-0253
114 Union Wharf