7th year extension and 240 days

stayhappy

Can anyone please help me with the situation i have or share your experiences if any?

I have filed for my 7th year extension on 2/2/09
My i-94 expired on 2/7/09
I got an RFE and was replied on 6/1/09
On 8/5/09 my company filed a service request as no response was received after RFE (generally 60 days).
I am hitting the 240 day period, I assume in the 1st week of October.

*Is the 240 day after the I-94 expiration or after when the extension was filed?
*What happens after 240 days?
- Can I continue to stay in USA even if i have not received a reply.?
- If so, what status am in in and how long can i stay?
- If it gets rejected, am i out of status from 7th Feb and if so, how does it impact my reentry.
*Can I recapture my time out of USA and use it against the 240 days? I have 15 days and 30 days at two different times that can be captured.

*Also at this stage, do i have the option of filing a premium request?

Appreciate your help in the answers.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone please help me with the situation i have or share your experiences if any?

I have filed for my 7th year extension on 2/2/09
My i-94 expired on 2/7/09
I got an RFE and was replied on 6/1/09
On 8/5/09 my company filed a service request as no response was received after RFE (generally 60 days).
I am hitting the 240 day period, I assume in the 1st week of October.

*Is the 240 day after the I-94 expiration or after when the extension was filed? After the I-94 expiration
*What happens after 240 days?
- Can I continue to stay in USA even if i have not received a reply.? Yes
- If so, what status am in in and how long can i stay? Stay authorized by the Attorney General.. Bascailly, stay based on the pending petition.
- If it gets rejected, am i out of status from 7th Feb and if so, how does it impact my reentry. That's not correct. Your unlawful stay starts when petition gets denied.
*Can I recapture my time out of USA and use it against the 240 days? I have 15 days and 30 days at two different times that can be captured. Probably not. vacation time cannot be cashed unless you claim it in the petition. You cannot use it unless USCIS authorized the use of these time offs. Next time you apply extension, recapture the vacation time.
*Also at this stage, do i have the option of filing a premium request?
Appreciate your help in the answers.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: