7th year expiring

ER N

Registered Users (C)
ok... i may have posted a topic earlier but pls ignore them... here is my current situation

my dad's H1 along with me and my mom's H4 is expiring sept 30 2009. I kno its still next year, but I need want to know what can be done as soon as possible.

7th year I-94 valid from 10/01/2008 until 09-30-2009
labor certification approved
I-495 denied (before 6th year expired)
MTR filed as soon as possible after I-495 was denied (before 7th year extension started)

Im not sure wat EB category my dad falls in. I have done some research and i found out that EB1, 2, or 3 based green card is one who has a bachelor's degree somewhere. My dad does not have a BS, but he is sponsored by a company in the U.S. I have read that he can be classified as a "skilled worker" under EB3... We are from the Philippines.

I just got accepted to Florida State University and I wud really want to attend there in the fall of 09 for at least one year.

Can we apply for another extension?
Will the fact that my dad doesnt have a BS cause our MTR to be denied?
What can we do?

I am very worried about my college education. I really would like to attend a University or College here in the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
if the MTR is still pending when our I-94 is nearly out of status, wud that be enough to base another extension?

if MTR is pending and out i-94 went out of status after 7th year, we have to go back to the philippines right?

wud that affect that MTR process?? would it be denied right away since we are not in the U.S.??

Is the I-140 approved? Why the I-485 got denied earlier? What is the current on-line status of I-485? Based on that your Dad can get another 3 years on H-1B. as long as I-485 is pending the legal status is maintained. However, your Dad need a work authorization: either H-1B or EAD to work.

employment authorization is approved

green card denied... not exactly sure the reason y... our lawyer told us that they didnt even look at supporting papers for out green card and they just denied it just cuz...

i will update as soon as possible...

i just learned that MTR is not enough to get an extension.... im guessing we gnna use the employment authorization to get another extension... im jst wrried cuz i just got accepted to Florida State University, but our 7th year will expire on sept 30 2009... i wont even have 1 semester of college and we gots to leave if we dont get extension... will be a waste of $$ if i enroll and not get any credit... i need to decide soon if i want to enroll and this is getting in my way

Once your I-485 is denied, EAD also gets cancelled unless you file an appeal or MTR based on which you again revive EAD. Just because you have approved EAD, you cannot extend your stay or extend your EAD.

i just found out that our green card got denied because of missing RFE's. our lawyer said that the person who looked through our case didnt even bother looking at our papers and just denied us on the spot.

question... if our i-94 expired and we didnt get another extension, does our pending MTR be compromised?
and how long does a decision after an MTR usually take?

once MTR (290B) is filed your I-485 would be reinstated and attorney needs to submit and explain in details why it needs to reopen and what new evidence he is submitting which was missed out initially. Once you submit I-485 you are in parolee status as long as it takes for adjudication dont worry for I-94 expiration. MTR's normally take 12 to 18 months. Make sure attorney submits strong rebuttal

once MTR (290B) is filed your I-485 would be reinstated and attorney needs to submit and explain in details why it needs to reopen and what new evidence he is submitting which was missed out initially. Once you submit I-485 you are in parolee status as long as it takes for adjudication dont worry for I-94 expiration. MTR's normally take 12 to 18 months. Make sure attorney submits strong rebuttal

wait... wat do u mean that dont wrry bout our i-94?? i kno that MTR doesnt grant status.... wat if i-94's expire and cant renew and MTR is still pending?

i was just informed today that we might not get another extension. Our lawyer is milking us of every cent we got... hes trying to get as much money from us... and im f*cking pissed at this guy at the moment.
unless by some miracle, we our green card gets approved.

im am really depressed right now.. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

we only have until Sept 30 2009

*question*
Dont we have to wait for 1 full year to get another sponsored again by another company for another H1?
pls explain to me the process of getting another H1b/H4 after 6yrs have expired

got from a friend, pass it to as many good contacts as u can

The Burning Problem
Long wait times of 5-10 years for EB2/EB3 Employment based greencard applicants from India.
Please convince TODAY as many friends as you can to become proactive in participating in the campaign for getting Green cards faster. Pass this message to as many as you can (students, H1 holders, spouses etc), and ask them in-turn to do the same and take action.
The new government is willing to hear us unlike never before.

What should you do: Please do both.
1. You can vote here http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ by searching using “immigration” as key word. You will find atleast 10-20 questions already there. Click on the UP arrow to vote positively.
2. And you can submit your ideas here http://change.gov. You will be asked to register. Please do it with actual details with no fear. We are legal here and many of us have done it, there is nothing to fear. This is just one way to start.

The details:
So far, there has been much action or participation on addressing the problem. This is totally unacceptable, when the issue affects 400-500,000 of applicants but those fighting for this cause are very few. This issue needs your support.
We are legal immigrants who bring innovation, create value, build companies and jobs, and contribute in many ways to the economy. The system was fine 4-5 years back, but now it’s severely backlogged. Do not think “it is not my problem now”, because you will be also effected by the negative impact. Reports say only 5000 people are voicing their opinions, even though the problem affects more than 500,000 applicants (and their spouses).

We just need a small administrative fix to recapture the lost visas and also make sure the system respects skilled workers and their interests. If anyone does not know what EB2 EB3 is, please explain to them. We need to request the government to make the waiting period no more than 5 years of being legally in the US, and to immediately bring relief to EB2/EB3 applicants from India by clearing backlogs. Remember that you will be at the end of the line, if you did not yet apply. Right now undocumented workers are raising more voice, openly.
Immigrationvoice.org is one good site to participate to name one. Let’s help ourselves and each other. Also register in this site or any other, and start contributing your ideas for your own good.
Please pass it to as many friends as you can, and motivate them.
Edit/Delete Message