7 year H1 stamping In india

PinShi

Registered Users (C)
Folks.

I am going to India for my 7 year h1 stamping..Does any body have any idea if I can do from india, I know its kinda risky but could you please let me know if I can even do it, some one showed me this link "http://murthy.com/UDbetra7.html" , I don't know if this information is still good or not

Please let me know ASAP, because I am traveling on next wednesday

That is what my immigration attorney told me and they are the second largest immigration firm in US.

I 'm on my 7th year and initially I was planning to get my visa stamping in India, but since I had time I sent it to St Louis.

Originally posted by PinShi
are you sure ?... what about the article on the Murthy website ??

Urgent....

Hi,

Is it possible to re-validate the visa at St.Louise for 7th+8th year extensions. Has anyone tried it and been successful.

Also, has anyone tried 7th-year re-validation at Chennai. Any problems/issues.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks

Dude,
I know we can get the visa stamped from here... but my question is from India..even my lawyer(one of the best immigration lawyer in USA) has also told me the same thing and on Monday I have taken with him another appointment because HER website say's little bit different version of it, if you guys care about it, please do read this "http://murthy.com/UDbetra7.html".

If anybody knows some one personally that some has done this type of stamping in India. I would feel much more easy if I know some has done it from India.

What about for an H4

Hi PinShi,

Thanks.

I did read the article on Murthy's web site, and my lawyer suggests the same - sending it to St.Louis. I am going to send it this week.

However, any issues in getting H4 stamped for that 7th year H1?
I plan to get my wife's H4 done in India.

Pls let me know, if you know anything about this.

Thanks
Ram

7th year extension visa revalidation in US

Hi,
My H1 visa has expired on Jan 2003. I have applied for labor in March 2003. Will apply for 7th year extension a little before completion of 365 days in March 2004. For getting a visa stamp on my passport so i can travel in the 7th year - what should i be doing?
I know that visa can be revalidated only if it is within one year after the expiry date. Is this correct?

If so - will I have to leave US to get a visa revalidation and stamping done? Will I have to attend a visa interview outside US?

thx for all help

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Not sure on what basis you can get your 7th year extended?, pls do chk with your lawyer on this. 365 days is a must, only 10% or less have been successfull in recapturing time.

I am not trying to scare you here, better to discuss the suprises now..

If more than 180 days have passed, and you do not have a current stamping in your passport , then you become almost illegal status, again check with your lawyer on this, I may be wrong.

Good Luck,
R

Successful stamping in India for 7 year

Just wanted to share with all the people who wants to get their H1 VISA (7 year extension) stamped in India.
I went to ND and got it stamped, without much problem. Even though I am eligible for drop box I had to attend a personal interview, But nothing scary happenned over there.