60 to 90 days processing time for I-90.

fisherman

Registered Users (C)
CIS have On-line case status where one could check their case using application receipt number (start with MSC):

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=auaJnaKvSVah

I e-filed I-90 on Nov 30th, and when entered my receipt #, I get this massage:

“Current Status:

Your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD was received on November 30, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.”

I was wondering how does biometrics appointment (haven’t got the appointment letter) will fit into this time frame? Reading other threads on biometrics appointment, it seem to take between 2 to 3 months from application receipt date to biometrics appointment date.
So 60 to 90 days processing time might not be correct assuming that they don’t start process application until they have individual finger prints and picture.

On side note, my application will be processed in Texas Service Center which seem to be running 1 to 2 months ahead of other Service Centers (below link) in processing I-90 applications. So hopefully 60 to 90 days process time might be correct (but knowing CIS, probably not ;))

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp;jsessionid=auaJnaKvSVah

About 3 months is what took when I renewed my green card last year. So 60 to 90 days of prcessing time including the biometrics appointment sound correct.

Thank you sg_orl. That is a good news as I remember that it used to be around 6 months to process I-90.

Got my biometrics appointment letter today for Dec. 28 (Memphis). That was pretty quick!

In the letter, not only mention to bring ID and GC, but it also state that applicant must bring evidence of disposition of any arrests/charge in the USA.

That‘s a new one! But the answer is negative.

Vermont case - Nov 24, 2005

That was pretty quick. I e-filed on Nov 24 but have not received anything yet. I believe my replacement card application will be processed in Vermont. I wish it would be that quick.

WaitingGC03 said:
I e-filed on Nov 24 but have not received anything yet. I believe my replacement card application will be processed in Vermont.

Did you receive the letter confirming your application (Notice of Action) which contain your receipt number? You should have received it 4 or 5 days after e-filing.

If not, then there might be a problem and I would follow up on it. Punch in your receipt number in the link I provided to see what type of message it give you.

Keep us posted.

Here is an update on my case.

E-filed I-90: Nov 24, 05
Notice of Action Received: Dec 05, 05
Biometric appointment notice sent out: Dec 29, 05
Biometric appointment date (in Newark): Jan 24, 06