6 yrs H1B Expiring next month: Some advice/options?

sriram1975

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends
My attorney applied for 7th year H1 on Sep 27 regular at VSC. My 6 years of H1B expires on Oct 19. If I dont get the receipt before my H1B, am I out of status? My attorney tells that I'm fine even if I get the receipt a month after my H1 expiry. Is that so?
Should I convert my case to Premium Processing say a week before the expiry date?

Thanks.

You are fine

sriram1975 said:
Hello friends
My attorney applied for 7th year H1 on Sep 27 regular at VSC. My 6 years of H1B expires on Oct 19. If I dont get the receipt before my H1B, am I out of status? My attorney tells that I'm fine even if I get the receipt a month after my H1 expiry. Is that so?

If your attorney have certificate of posting card, which is sufficient to prove that you have applied in time. No need for primium unless you are really interested in paying $1000 for nothing. Should I convert my case to Premium Processing say a week before the expiry date?

Thanks.

Thanks GreatGuru. What do you mean by certificate of posting? You mean like a Fedex delivery conformation? Yeah. That I can see that it was mailed and received through Fedex website. Is that sufficient? Thanks.

Acknowledgement

sriram1975 said:
Thanks GreatGuru. What do you mean by certificate of posting?

Like registered post with acknowledgement card.

You mean like a Fedex delivery conformation? Yeah. That I can see that it was mailed and received through Fedex website. Is that sufficient? Thanks.