6 years... and still counting

istrategist

Registered Users (C)
My original labor PD was Sep 19 2001, when my GC journey offically started (though the PD with my current app is Nov 2002). Six years later, I'm still waiting... even though everything is clear and "just awaiting approval / visa number". I contacted my Senator's office, but they have not been much help. My FPs were done at the end of July 2007, so I guess I missed the boat on visa # assignment in July

Just frustrated right now since I was excited when my date was current in June, and now it feels like I did when the last round of retrogression hit. Don't know how long the wait will be this time...

Well, back to other things in life till my date becomes current again - and then go through the entire cycle again...

My original labor PD was Sep 19 2001, when my GC journey offically started (though the PD with my current app is Nov 2002). Six years later, I'm still waiting... even though everything is clear and "just awaiting approval / visa number". I contacted my Senator's office, but they have not been much help. My FPs were done at the end of July 2007, so I guess I missed the boat on visa # assignment in July

Just frustrated right now since I was excited when my date was current in June, and now it feels like I did when the last round of retrogression hit. Don't know how long the wait will be this time...

Well, back to other things in life till my date becomes current again - and then go through the entire cycle again...

Just wait for some more time man, i was looking to TSC and NSC threads, lot of approvals yesterday and today for both EB3 and EB2 cases
may be by God's grace we'll also get approvals

just wait for some more time
i can feel your pain, i am also in the same boat

I hear ya! Hang in there!! Just a few more <days><weeks><months>...
people who came with us are getting ready to apply for citizenship...but lets not lose heart and hope for things to happen soon.....

I hear ya! Hang in there!! Just a few more <days><weeks><months>...
people who came with us are getting ready to apply for citizenship...but lets not lose heart and hope for things to happen soon.....

yes u are correct.. when will I see the face of my GC card.. ?? I dont know..

I dont know how long to hang on.. and not sure when they will process 05 applications.. as I do see most of the approved cases yesterday and today were from 04 not sure when TSC will touch 05 cases..

I am in the same boat too. Looks like I missed it again (like in 2005) in 2007.

My PD and RD'd are closer to your case only few months later. I did my 3rd FP in July too.

Went to local office today through Infopass and they told no visas available in September for EB3 and be patient. He told all the security checks are completed for me and pending for my spouse.

Last time Infopass on July 3rd, they told all the security checks completed for all of us.

Hang in buddies. I know how you feel, I was in the same boat until yesterday. The feeling of cases getting approved before the more deserving ones gets you. But, I think thats how USCIS works... No sequence, order, etc.

I had completely lost hope after seeing October's VB, in a way the approval was a pleasant surprise to me... I sincerely hope the old timers should and will get approved soon...

let see what happens....few ppl got approval who have been told by the IO that there is no visa assigned to their case#.....

istrategist, mine is Sep 12, 2001 original labor and I can quite understand what you are going thru. Now, I have resigned myself to the fact that it's a lottery system you never know who will be the lucky one.

I'm just a few months behind you and I know what you're going through. The worst thing is when something happens that gives you hope, then you get excited, waste time thinking about it, and then nothing happens and you crash. That's what happened to me with my recend LUDs, I wish I wasn't aware of them. For a few months I managed to get GC off my mind and just focus on my work, I was really happy! Spending time thinking about things you have no control over only gets you depressed.

Completely agree with all the sentiments said.

However, I get the feeling that the USCIS is trying to approve all the people that will be hit by the Ocotber bulletin and that have an early PD.

I have the utmost respect for you guys that have been in this situation for so long. I'm just coming up to 6 months and it's playing havoc with me. I don't think that I could do it for 6 years.

As they say in old English, 'I tip my hat to thee'.

Good luck guys and wish me luck in October.

Hang in there guys. Get your mind off GC for a while. You will get it eventually. There is no point in spending several years of your life worrying about something that we cannot do anything about. I know that it is easier said than done, but I think the same principles apply to a lot of other things in life, which are not necessarily visa or immigration related.

After looking at this, I feel very lucky and privileged to get my GC in a little over 6 months. My wife and kid also got the GC at the exact same time.

Good luck to all of you guys. I am sure your GC is just around the corner.