4yrs full time + 2yrs part time = EB2?

OneMoreIndian

Registered Users (C)
Can any body please share your thoughts on EB2 requirements.

I have 4 years of professional full time experience and 2 years of part-time (20 hrs) experience as research assistant. Will I qualify for EB2.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

OneMoreIndian said:

I have 4 years of professional full time experience and 2 years of part-time (20 hrs) experience as research assistant.

Will I qualify for EB2.
What is the job title, description and its minimum requirements.? That will decide the EB classification not your degree or experience..

OneMoreIndian said:

I have 4 years of professional full time experience and 2 years of part-time (20 hrs) experience as research assistant. Will I qualify for EB2.

You don't need to have any degree or experience :) (No one check on this) to get the EB2 through PERM (Just needs the job that qualify for EB2). But eeing beneficial on that LC or not in I140 is a different story.

EB2 Requirements

Job Title will be Environmental Engineer.
Education Req: BS+4 year (tentatively).
Will above qualify for EB2.

Can you please explain in detail what governs EB2. Is it decided before we start the ads for PERM LC.

Please help.

EB2 req.

OneMoreIndian said:

Can you please explain in detail what governs EB2. Is it decided before we start the ads for PERM LC.

Does DOL decide if my job describtion, title and education qualify for EB2 or EB3.

Thanks for your prompt response and help.

Please help.

MS environmental Engineering with or without exp or BS with 5 yrs progressive exp may qualify for EB2

OneMoreIndian said:

Please help.

Will my experience qualify for EB2

My job description asks for "BS+5yrs" in Environmental Engineering.

I have BS and 4 four years of professional exp.
Besides, i have an master's and 2 years of part time experience as a research assistant. Does my experience qualify for an BS+5 yrs. Does DOL consider 2 years part time experience as 1 year equivalent full time experience.

Thanks for your help.

great guru said:
MS environmental Engineering with or without exp or BS with 5 yrs progressive exp may qualify for EB2

OneMoreIndian said:
My job description asks for "BS+5yrs" in Environmental Engineering.

I have BS and 4 four years of professional exp.
Besides, i have an master's and 2 years of part time experience as a research assistant. Does my experience qualify for an BS+5 yrs. Does DOL consider 2 years part time experience as 1 year equivalent full time experience.

Thanks for your help.

The experience as research assistant can not be counted for EB2 (BS+5) since it is not related to work experience and not combine as PROGRESSIVE EXPRIENCE. But you can use it for EB3 (BS+5)

How about masters degree

Thanks for the prompt response.

Does DOL give any equivalent credit for master as 1 year of equivalent work experience. Please help. Thanks

Your job job does not require a MS degree

Change the job description.

OneMoreIndian said:

Does DOL give any equivalent credit for master as 1 year of equivalent work experience. Please help. Thanks

OneMoreIndian said:

LOL. Exp is exp. Education is Education. Plain ENGLISH :)

Lawyer says adding the years is fine...

I have quite a similar problem: I had 4 years exp. from home country plus 1.5 years part time (30hrs) in the USA. My lawyer said it is ok to do the math and add the years to qualify for the 5 years progressive. My EB2 PERM is still pending (refiled on 2/09/06 after being denied for a technical ommision), so I still have to wait and see if what my lawyer says indeed holds water...
Good-Luck!

royl66 said:
I have quite a similar problem: I had 4 years exp. from home country plus 1.5 years part time (30hrs) in the USA. My lawyer said it is ok to do the math and add the years to qualify for the 5 years progressive. My EB2 PERM is still pending (refiled on 2/09/06 after being denied for a technical ommision), so I still have to wait and see if what my lawyer says indeed holds water...
Good-Luck!

Of course adding is fine. But the part-time experience must be professional experience (not graduate assistant in school).

Also, PERM is related to employer more than employee. The EB2 or EB3 will be defined by USCIS at I-140