4th Visit, Loss of Passport, Extension of Stay

ackava

Hi,

I am on B1/B2, here in US for business trip, since July 2005, I have had 4 visits, this is my 4th visit, I never overstayed, my all trips were planned for 22-25 days and I left US within that period.

Now my this 4th visit expires on 8th of October, I was about to leave on 25th September, but recently in miami I lost my passport, my bag with laptop and other importand document were stolen from my car at some shopping mall.

Now I dont know what is going to happen next, its nearly impossible to contact our indian ambessy and know how long it will take to get new passport etc. I am having photocopies of my passports but yet there is no one who answers me in ambessy whether I will get my new passport or one way travel document back to india.

Will I have any problem entering US again if I extend my visa for a while, I dont mean to stay here at all which I came here 4th time and leavin without extending. And do I need to contact US ambessy or immigration dept? and Do anything with it?

Can anyone help me with how to get my passport faster? I am tired of waiting 2 hours on ambessy phones and I have no answers yet. They say it may take up to 3-6 months to get another passport. I really am not in financial position to stay upto this long.

Any help appriciated, I am ready to pay any lawyer or any officer helping me to get my passport or any other document processed on professional fees.

- Akash Kava

that is terrible news ..do a google search for CGI houston i.e consulate general of india ..earliar they used to answer the email but now they are slack like anything ..go to CGI website ..they have camps in Atlanta and other cities ..check those dates and see if you can make it ..or else you may have to make a trip to houston. good luck ..Never Ever leave passport in a car/airport etc while you go to mall or when you go to restroom at airport !!!
no one can help you ..other than Consulate ..they have provision for temporary passports etc ..check the website