485's to be delayed again

EDISON, JAXEN, KASHMIR, MANUMAHI ...ETC.... WHERE R U ?

Shouldn't we see this as a wakeup call ????

This may be what they feel about us .... the 485 filers ...

They've applied .... and They are stuck .....
They are NOT going to make a fuss even if we delayed 3 or more years ..... They can't raise their voice due to the fear of getting a backlash from USCIS .... ..... they'll wait and wait and wait ..... after 2 and 1/2 years they might ask their senator .. till then ... have fun ....

Isn't it true ????? and don't you feel the same way ??? we are indeed calm and taking the beating sincerely as it is given from time to time..... once due to auditing ...then due to illegals ... then some thing ...then something else. .....now this H1 stuff .....

See the illegals .... they have nothing to loose ... they sued and got what they wanted .... Don't we have an edge on them as LEGALS [ Legal slaves ] ......? don't we ????

We are still contemplating action against USCIS ... we ... the educated professionals need to be more aggressive ... and let our voice be heard.

LET'S SUE THEM IN A CLASS ACTION. CLASS ACTION IT IS ....
Petition was a good idea ...but it seems it might take a long time to turn things around .... AM I dreaming .... ?? will it ????

USCIS never cared to report congress about the backlog or something .... then how come it cares abt the petition .... sent to the same senators ???

- Jha
---------------------------
Aug 02

Last edited by a moderator:
The logic seems flawed to me

If the H1 quota has been reduced, and that leads to everyone applying for premium processing, and that leads to officers being reassigned to H1, and that leads to H1s being processed quickly at the expense of 485s, .....

Doesn't it follow then that the H1 quota would get exhausted faster than it normally would have (2Q 2004 per the person posting the original news), particularly if the quota itself has been reduced?

This is not to say that this would not cause a further delay to the 485 processing times; this is just to say that it may not delay it by as much as is feared.

Hey Edison, cant we have some professional advice form Mr. Rajiv as to whether its worth going in for Calss Action…please do ask him and let as know ..what could be our best line of action….

One more thing.

Now for H1B Cases, they have to deal with 65,000 new cases less than the previous year.

Once the cap is reached and cases are processed they have to work on I 485.

H-1B quota

One more thing. With the job market looking like this the quota may never be maxed up anyway ; in other words, there may not be that many H-1B applications to begin with that could significantly impact the 485 processing speed.

Why would they want to hire H-1B if there are a lot of Americans desperately looking for a job ??

Moreover, if they're looking for cheap labors there are already a lot of EAD holders like many of us that can take job without immigration paperwork

and of course, premium processing fee

;)

I read somewhere that it is anticipated that a big percentage of the H1Bs would be filed for health workers / and probably teachers over the next few years. Also, speaking from my own employer's experience, since Indian US consulates are delaying a lot of L1 / B1 applications, companies which used to bring people on L1s are suddenly applying H1Bs for their India based employees in huge numbers.

So basically I feel the 65 K cap will will reached like it used to in the pre 195 K cap days.

It looks like a strategy

Guys,

I really appreciate all your efforts and I would be the first person for any call.

Frankly speaking, all this looks like a strategy by the administration. If they delay as much as possible they can make billions of money otherwise this adminstration will not make up money by any means.

WE SHOULD NOT BE SCAPE GOATS!!!!!!! WE NEED TO RAISE OUR VOICES......

Regards

Thankyou RAGHUC

You are the first person in this thread to see the threat in its true form ....

Will it matter to us how many H1s are there and how the cap might be reached ???? why are we trying to satisfy ourselves that USCIS after this new H1 approvals etc ... will get back to our cases .......Why are we forgetting that this is another reason by USCIS to get our GC processed when they have time to process ?Are we so cheap ..... when they have spare time between processing the illegals, religious workers, H1s, some other category .... they work on ours .... aren't we anyway profitable ?

- Jha

Last edited by a moderator:
Class Action Law Suit

Multiple Petitions and passage of bill to process 485 has fallen on DEAF EARS of USCIS. the only option is to consider class action law suit. If Mr. Rajiv Khanna is not willing to opine, why not consult other immigration attorneys? We can form a trust to raise money for the law suit.