485 RD - 12/15/03
FP from TSC - 9/4/03
140 AD - 02/9/05
485 RFE - Legal Stat - 2/24/05 - Officer #130
485 RFE response ACK - 04/01/05
485 AP ???

Legal Status

compiler,

Lately there have been a lot of RFEs for legal status. Sometime officers want to make sure the applicant was legal during the entire stay in the US. My wife got an RFE for legal status. She went to college here and my lawyers did not send out her I-20 with the initial application. My lawyer sent out the following documents in response to the RFE.

1. Copies of every page of her passport. The lawyer made sure to circle the stamps of dates of arrival and departure so there is no confusion. My wife had travelled to the US on a visit visa before she started her college here.

2. Copy of her I-20 from college.

3. Copy of her latest I-94.

I believe most legal status RFEs will include the above. Ofcourse for those that did not go to college here, the I-20 is not needed. These RFEs are issued when some form is missing or the officer just can't verify the legal status with the forms that were submitted.

Hope this helps.

saras

I -485 RFE details

Details below:
EB2 RIR
140 / 485 RD - 10/12/03
FP - 2/19/04
140 AD - 02/15/05
485 RFE - 3/17/05
RFE was for employment letter and current salary
485 RFE ack - 04/07/05
485 AD-?????

My lawyer's office still hasn't received the RFE, which according to online status was sent on April 1. Details in the signature below:

RFE to prove NSEERS registration

I have received a copy of the RFE from my lawyer. They are asking for
copies of I-94 indicating NSEERS registration with the Fingerprint Identification Number (FIN)
copies of passport pages that have departure and arrival stamps and/or notations - any supporting documents of my 30-day registration

I have registered as 'Special Registrant' with local service center on 03/14/03 (it is printed on my original F-1 I-94 and visa). When I recently (01/16/05) entered with Advance Parole at Atlanta, I was told by the CBP inspector that I don't need to be photographed or fingerprinted, since I am not admitted under any visa category, but paroled to continue my AOS application.

Now, my question is, does the 30-day registration rule apply to me? Also, on December 2, 2003 30-day and annual reregistration requirement wsa suspended.
Gurus, shed some light on this, am I safe here??

I-94

compiler,

I am afraid I don't understand what you are saying. My wife has not travelled outside the US since we filed our 485. At the time of filing, her latest I-94 was submitted along with every other approval document. I-94s are taken back at each departure from the US. Are you saying that we are supposed to save a copy of every I-94 ever issued to us and submit them at the time of filing the 485? I don't think this is what is expected.

Also the RFE was for proving legal status during the time she was a student. It was for a specific time period and not for legal status after filing 485.

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Husbands I 140 ND Sept 00 approved May 01

husbands I 485 ND Jan 02 approved April 04

My case

I 485 ND Aug 03

1st FP Sept 03

2nd FP March 05

I 485 approved Who knows when

Regards Sue

RFE For EVL

JagadishP said:
Details below:
EB2 RIR
140 / 485 RD - 10/12/03
FP - 2/19/04
140 AD - 02/15/05
485 RFE - 3/17/05
RFE was for employment letter and current salary
485 RFE ack - 04/07/05
485 AD-?????

JagdishP.

Seems like my Case. My RFE Was also for Employment Verification. USCIS received the letter on 3/9. We called after a month and they said to wait another 30 days. We would be calling again on 5/9. No Idea what'z going on.

485 RD 7/16/2003.
2nd FP Done 1/29/2005

The Officer #

Friends ,

How do you see the Officer# on RFE. My RFE Is on USCIS Letter Head and there is no Number like that in it.

BanglaBabu, look at the bottom left corner of your letter. In my letter, it's denoted as CAO #47, and I believe this is the officer number.
BTW, are you from Bangladesh? It's rare to see Bangladeshi folks in an immigration forum :)

The Immigration Officer Number.

forever485 said:
BanglaBabu, look at the bottom left corner of your letter. In my letter, it's denoted as CAO #47, and I believe this is the officer number.
BTW, are you from Bangladesh? It's rare to see Bangladeshi folks in an immigration forum :)

forever485,

I checked the RFE and there is no such numbers. Also, the subject of the letter says Request for Additional Information Required. Is that the defination for RFE. I thought, RFE stands for Request for Evidence. And, I called USCIS today as it is 30 days since they received the reply to RFE, and they said to wait 60 says. So, I will call them after 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banglababu, yes that is the RFE letter. RFE is an acronym used to classify this request for additional information. I wonder how your letter missed the oficer number. Oh well, anything and everything is possible in TSC. Keep us all posted about any response from USCIS. Which number did you call, the general 1-800-375-5283 number? Does it allow you to inquire about it??

Any one Got a RFE from OFFICER#1003

My Lawyer received a REF today!, requesting I-94's and Medicals,
any one can guess how long it takes for approval after responding and once they receive ?????

Average has has been 3-4 weeks

gc031502,

Its almost impossible to accurately predict the time line of approval after RFE. From experience and from reading thousands of threads in this forum I have found that most cases take about 3-4 weeks to get approved after the RFE response is received by the Service Center. Needless to say there have been several exceptions. Some people have gotten approved within days of replying to the RFE while others have waited for months.

The RFE on my wifes 485 was received on the 4th of April and we are still waiting. Lets hope and pray that all our cases fall under the 3-4 weeks or sooner category.

regards,

saras

More than 4 weeks now since TSC received reply to RFE.

saras76 said:
gc031502,

Its almost impossible to accurately predict the time line of approval after RFE. From experience and from reading thousands of threads in this forum I have found that most cases take about 3-4 weeks to get approved after the RFE response is received by the Service Center. Needless to say there have been several exceptions. Some people have gotten approved within days of replying to the RFE while others have waited for months.

The RFE on my wifes 485 was received on the 4th of April and we are still waiting. Lets hope and pray that all our cases fall under the 3-4 weeks or sooner category.

regards,

saras

I called USCIS and they said it takes 30 to 60 days.. so I am waiting.

wheresmygc, your lawyer will receive the RFE letter, at least that's what happened to my RFE. Of course, anything and everything is possible with TSC :rolleyes: