485 Processing

Should INS stop concurrent i140/i485

• Total voters

srikandi

Registered Users (C)
I think INS is unfair when it comes to processing I-485. I see that people who did concurrent filing in 2003 are getting thier GC, where as there are some people who filed in 2001 still waiting to get thier approvals. Not to offend any body, i think INS should stop all concurrent processing and give preference to all those who have filed in 2001 and 2002 first.

I -485 ND : 02/2002
I -485 AD : 06/2004

I question the usefulness of this referendum as it does not explain exactly what needs to be done; Actually they should stop concurrent processing until they finish first all non concurrent applicants (which when they filed there was no concurrent possibility) or start processing based on the I-140 RD, ND whether concurrent or non-concurrent.

Concurrent processing of I-140 and I-485 is good for EB based GC applicants since this option is not available to all GC applicants but as everyone feels CIS should have cleared all the backlogs prior to processing concurrent applications.

It is not only discrimination against old I-485 applicants but also nullification of AC-21 for new I-140 applicants.

USCIS somehow seems to have now divided the EB 485 category. No use of whining here. USCIS will continue to do this as long as we, who are getting affected, do not object. To be honest I am not at all happy seeing 2003/2004 approvals when thousands from 2002 and even 2001 are waiting in limbo just renewing AP's and EAD's.

Letters have been written to Ombudsman by members of CSC and VSC forum but no response regarding this from their office. Indications are some of these unfair programs are the results of some brilliant flash from the Ombudsman's office.

Also, lawyers have now started admitting that approvals are coming in for applications filed an year apart.

So let's get together and write to the Immigration Sub-committe complaining about this unfair treatment.

What do you all say.

Re

I think INS should stop processing cases filed after Jan 2003 and start clearing
all back log cases. I think it is un fair to all who have been waiting for a long time for I-485 approvals. UCIS needs to be reformed more and audit all questionable approaches like to start concurrent process when have several hunderd thousands of pending applications.

I-485 ND 02/2002
I-484 AD 05/2002