485 pending I94 expiry date..

ela6

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
My 485 is pending and I have EAD and AP. The old I94 (based on H1 is expired). I am travelling and I realized that the I94 is expired. Is it ok to deposit the expired I94 to the airline agent? What should I do? My understanding is that they collect unexpired I94. Please comment...
Ela

ela6 said:
Hi folks,
My 485 is pending and I have EAD and AP.

The old I94 (based on H1 is expired). I am travelling and I realized that the I94 is expired.
------------------not a problem, you have I-485 pending and you are working on EAD and for travel to US you will use valid AP
Is it ok to deposit the expired I94 to the airline agent?
---------------YES( keep the copy of I-94 front and back with your immigration file at home for your records)
What should I do?

My understanding is that they collect unexpired I94. Please comment...
Ela

ela6 said:
Hi folks,
My 485 is pending and I have EAD and AP. The old I94 (based on H1 is expired). I am travelling and I realized that the I94 is expired. Is it ok to deposit the expired I94 to the airline agent? What should I do? My understanding is that they collect unexpired I94. Please comment...
Ela

The airline people junk the I-94s. USCIS does not track exit based on I-94. American Govt wanted to track entries and exits of US visitors. That is why they introduced a program called US-Visit that is active in some airports.

GreenCardVirus said:
The airline people junk the I-94s. USCIS does not track exit based on I-94. American Govt wanted to track entries and exits of US visitors. That is why they introduced a program called US-Visit that is active in some airports.
AP Holders are exempt from US-VISIT program. The Airline takes all I94s and submit to the agency.