485 Interview and lower that LC W2 Wages

GreenCardVirus

Registered Users (C)
My 485 is transferred to a local office. I read from several postings that a W2/Tax Filings for last 3 years are standard documents asked in an intereview.

My pay has been significantly lower than that mentioned on the LC. After changing using AC21 180 day rule, my current pay for past 1 year is almost equal to that on LC.

Will I face any problems because of low wages reflected on W2? They are lower by a 25% when compared to LC wages. What should I do or say overvcome any questions arising because of this?

Please advise.

GreenCardVirus said:
My pay has been significantly lower than that mentioned on the LC. After changing using AC21 180 day rule, my current pay for past 1 year is almost equal to that on LC.

If you current pay matches the LC you should be OK. Any Way the LC wages applicable only after the approval of GC.

tammy2 said:
If you current pay matches the LC you should be OK. Any Way the LC wages applicable only after the approval of GC.

Thanks tammy2. I know this but I am at a loss on what to say if the officer throws a casual question as to why my wages were low. The wages in 2003 are somewhat (25%) lower than 2004 and 2005 because of some crazy wage structure that was changed later.