485 filed Apr 15, 2002 - VSC - no approval yet

Were you hibernating or what ????

Here is your check list to at least try
1. Contact USCIS and put in a inquiry
2. Contact USCIS customer rep from Vemont (using the trick) mentiioned in this forum.
3. Contact congressman from your area
4. Try faxing an expedite request to USCIS
5. Contact USCIS obmudsman

...I think i have covered all avenues....guys please jump in if Ive missed out on anything !!!!

orangetreats said:
Were you hibernating or what ????

Here is your check list to at least try
1. Contact USCIS and put in a inquiry
2. Contact USCIS customer rep from Vemont (using the trick) mentiioned in this forum.
3. Contact congressman from your area
4. Try faxing an expedite request to USCIS
5. Contact USCIS obmudsman

...I think i have covered all avenues....guys please jump in if Ive missed out on anything !!!!

Send Email to FBI to check your name check status.

Jan 02 here

I am ahead of you, shamefully. Tried all of the options outlined by orangetreats.. I am waiting for the name check to clear. We are filing expedite request next week.

Reg. expedite request

Hello VG,

Are u sending the expedite request by yourself OR are you sending it through the lawyer..?

I485 : RD = June 2002
FP2 : = June 2004

thru attorney

my attorney has rejected my requests thus far but now they are okay with filing the expedite req. The reason they have given me is that I have involved the congressman and the best way is to work through that.

vg333 said:
my attorney has rejected my requests thus far but now they are okay with filing the expedite req. The reason they have given me is that I have involved the congressman and the best way is to work through that.
fire that attorney then. whats his problem if u contact local congressman? tell him/her that if he/she had powers of a congressman u would not have contacted them :)

japul said:
Filed 485 on Aprl 15, 2002 - VSC and no approval yet. Any suggestion??
My be name check is pending. Did you try to findout about your name check from FBI?

Try to follow up the issues as Orangtreats mentioned.

Actually my attorney too gave the same exact reason as below......It looks like we are having same attorney!!!!!!
vg333 said:

> 4. Try faxing an expedite request to USCIS

Please give me Fax# for VSC and whom to address (or URL to find this info). Should it go from attorney?

> 2. Contact USCIS customer rep from Vemont (using the trick)
> mentiioned in this forum.

Please give me summary of this trick (or URL). Thanks.

Trick - Not sure if this still works

Press 1 (for english), press 2 (for existing case), press 6 (for case statues etc), then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),choose to continue to the next step "press 3",Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications