485 denied while out of US.

WorryForGC

Registered Users (C)
What happens in this situation can anyone advise, if only on AP no H status, would the entry be allowed on AP to file MTR.

Can any one answer this?

I have faced a denial once because of USCIS error and am thinking of travelling on AP, I dont know what happens if it gets denied again, I am just being paranoid.

One of the two things can happen:-
Officer will check the system to verify that I485 is pending.

-If the system is still not updated with denied status they may let u in.
-If the sytem does show case as denied than your case will be presented before an immigration judge for final decision.

best of luck!

desp_gc said:
One of the two things can happen:-
Officer will check the system to verify that I485 is pending.

-If the system is still not updated with denied status they may let u in.
-If the sytem does show case as denied than your case will be presented before an immigration judge for final decision.

best of luck!

I guess I was lucky

my I-485 was denied on Dec 25, 2004, and I was in my home country from Dec 12, 2004 till Jan 11, 2005.
My boss get denial from the lawer, and on Jan 5, 2005 they filed MTR.

for me - no problems at POE

Cmapocma said:
I guess I was lucky

my I-485 was denied on Dec 25, 2004, and I was in my home country from Dec 12, 2004 till Jan 11, 2005.
My boss get denial from the lawer, and on Jan 5, 2005 they filed MTR.

for me - no problems at POE

Were you aware of the denial when you were in your home country or when you were entering?

GreenCardVirus said:
Were you aware of the denial when you were in your home country or when you were entering?

No
My boss didn't want me to worry. He called me every 15 minutes while I was standing in the line at the POE, and I didn't understand why.
I was surprized when I found denial in the mail