485 Denied -- MTR -- EAD Renewal

pkk123

Registered Users (C)
485 denied and applied for MTR. Couple of day back I received a letter from USCIS Stating

"After review we have decided to treat the appeal filed in the above case as service motion to reopen or service motion to reconsider. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed."

Based on above can I apply EAD extension?

Thanks for your replys in advance.

when your I-485 gets denied your EAD, AP also get denied.
I do not think you can apply for an EAD extension.
Better confirm from your attorney if you can

when your I-485 gets denied your EAD, AP also get denied.
I do not think you can apply for an EAD extension.
Better confirm from your attorney if you can

I consulted with my attorney and he says I can apply EAD extension based on fact that USCIS accepted the MTR.

Hi pkk123

In how many days after you filed for motion-to-reopen that you learnt from USCIS that your MTR has been accepted.

I am in a similar situation and have filed for motion-to reopen.

Hi pkk123

In how many days after you filed for motion-to-reopen that you learnt from USCIS that your MTR has been accepted.

MTR has been sent on May 21 and around July 1st there was an online soft update (not status) on my I485 after a week I received a letter from USCIS.

With your situation being MTR accepted by USCIS. Did you receive a receipt notice for EAD Renewal application.

Could you share the denial reason ???

I applied for my I-485 with an approved I-140 of my current company. Got the receipt notice as well as EAD card.

My previous company had also applied for I-140 which got denied denied on June 18th. Because of which I got I-485 denial notice. The denial notice states that concurrently filed I-140 got denied hence I-485 is denied.

But but the reality is I had applied for my I-485 with an approved I-140 of my current company. How can they deny my I-485 application when previous company's I-140 gets denied?

I applied for motion-to-reopen.

Is the denial legitimate?

Your situation is similar to mine. In fact when my 485 denied I took infopass appointment and explained the situation and they told its not legitimate denial and asked me to file for MTR. About EAD extension I will be applying EAD in a week. Couple of days back I call to USCIS talked to one of the immigration officer and asked can whether I am eligible for EAD extension if my 485 status is MTR and immigration officer said I am eligible for EAD extension.

With your situation being MTR accepted by USCIS. Did you receive a receipt notice for EAD Renewal application.

Seems to be USCIS accepted my EAD Renewal application. I can see the amount (Check) withdrawn from my account and I can see receipt# back of the Check.

Seems to be USCIS accepted my EAD Renewal application. I can see the amount (Check) withdrawn from my account and I can see receipt# back of the Check.

I sent my application for EAD Renewal just after I got receipt notice for MTR, that is I-485 was still in pending state. USCIS accepted the EAD renewal application issued the receipt notice and after one week DENIED the EAD renewal application.

After my EAD renewal application was denied. I called up USCIS service center and informed that my EAD renewal application was denied because MTR was not yet accepted. I requested an expedited service to process my MTR on the grounds that my I-485 denial was USCIS error and financial hardship. Within 5 working days I got a letter from USCIS that my MTR was accepted.

There after I re-applied for EAD renewal along with the MTR accepted letter. The covering letter as well as the envelope I mentioned "Expedited Service Requested due to USCIS error". I got my EAD renewal approved within 7 days after the application reached USCIS. Now I have the EAD card.

Though my MTR was accepted on August 06, 2008, but still I-485 online status shows as Denied.

After my EAD renewal application was denied. I called up USCIS service center and informed that my EAD renewal application was denied because MTR was not yet accepted. I requested an expedited service to process my MTR on the grounds that my I-485 denial was USCIS error and financial hardship. Within 5 working days I got a letter from USCIS that my MTR was accepted.

There after I re-applied for EAD renewal along with the MTR accepted letter. The covering letter as well as the envelope I mentioned "Expedited Service Requested due to USCIS error". I got my EAD renewal approved within 7 days after the application reached USCIS. Now I have the EAD card.

Though my MTR was accepted on August 06, 2008, but still I-485 online status shows as Denied.

Your MTR was accepted for processing or was it accepted in the sense that your I-485 was reopened?

Conserning the MTR(I-290B). I got a letter from the service center stating that,

"The motion as submitted has been reviewed. It meets the requirements of Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, 103.5 concerning the proper filing of a motion. Accordingly, the request to reopen the previous decision will be and is hereby granted"

Based on this letter my EAD renewal was approved. An now I have applied for renewal of Advance Parole.

Please note that the current online status of
I-485 is Denied
I-290B is received and pending

fanny behal

Hi pkk123

My I 485 denied in Dec 2007 and i filed MTR in Jan 2008 . Before 2 days they approved my 1-140.