485 Delay and name-check is in pending

Count me too..

RD : 20/03/2002
ND : 10/04/2002
FP1: 21/05/2003
RFE ISSUED: 10/09/03 (For medicals & Emp -letter)
RFE RCVD: 11/14/03
3rd EAD AD: 06/04/2004
AD... :confused:

No records!!!

No Record of FBI Name check..what to do???

I had sent a fax to FBI to check on FBI name check. I got a reply saying that they don't have a request for name check form USCIS. We did first finger print during Feb 2004. My I140 was approved on July 7th and I485 files were updated on that date.

How to get USCIS to send for name check. We had first EAD in June 2003, got the 2nd EAD in April 2004. Even got the 2nd AP. What makes USCIS to request for name check????

It will be a long wait for us........!!!!! pathetic to say the least...they are approving cases without finger print and for some people no name checks.

Hi rajudm,

Please count me too.

Do you mind posting the information about how to find the Name Check status.

Please post the Fax number & the letter you have faxed to FBI.

Here is my email address sziaud@care2.com

Thanks,

RD: 08/29/2002

Here is the fax and my sample letter for name check

To:
FBI
Name Check Department
FAX: 202-324-3367
Date:

Subject: Request for Status on Name Check for Adjustment of Status (Green card)

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing to inquire the status of my name check. I applied for adjustment of status at Vermont service center on xxx, and did my fingerprint in xxx. I understand my case may be waiting for a security name check. Could you PLEASE look into my name check and let me know the status. The following is my information:

First Name: xxx
Last Name: xxx
Date of birth: xxx
Alien #: xxx
Tel: xxx
Email: xxx

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely Yours,

xxx

Stuka is cleared with name check but still waiting for 485. Here is his info:

RD: 12/26/2001
ND: 01/10/2002
FP1: 03/2002
RFE: 06/2003
RFE Recd: 09/03
FP2: 10/25/03 (SCHEDULED 11/05/03)
3rd EAD: 02/17/03
2nd RFE: 07/21/04
AD: ?? ?? ??

Name check completed 7-04 received 1-03. But still pending.
There is on other person on the Forum Mulan? whose name check completed 2-04 but still pending?

485 12-01
FP 2 8-03.

So, it looks like the name check is not the only reason for delay. Have anybody heard of 485 approval without cleared name check? ic

I got this email from FBI

This is in reference to your facsimile dated August 10, 2004, concerning the immigration status of you and your wife.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services was received for you on January 14, 2003, and is currently in a pending status. However, the FBI completed a record check for your wife on December 17, 2002, and the results were forwarded to the USCIS.

I am sorry we are unable to be of more assistance at this time.

Kay2 said:
This is in reference to your facsimile dated August 10, 2004, concerning the immigration status of you and your wife.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services was received for you on January 14, 2003, and is currently in a pending status. However, the FBI completed a record check for your wife on December 17, 2002, and the results were forwarded to the USCIS.

I am sorry we are unable to be of more assistance at this time.
Kay2: I got the similar email weeks back. I am thinking how to follow up this email. Any comments. ic

immigrationcom said:
Kay2: I got the similar email weeks back. I am thinking how to follow up this email. Any comments. ic

I read somewhere in these forums that delays hapen when they get a HIT while doing name check. It happens when first or last name matches with the names of those wanted by FBI or something like that. Then they assign to some officer who goes thru all of the data manually and compare with FBI data. Just dont worry, these kind of cases takes a little longer to be cleared by the FBI.