485 approved !!

snooeyshelby

Hello to everyone on this forum

This is my first post here and i wanted to share with you all that i received my 485 approval on Thursday April 6th.

Before i privide details on my case , i want to thank all of you that come to this forum to share your experinces ...- frustrations , as well as hope .....
Your comraderie , friendship , encouragement and goodwill is very touching ...
I am truly greatful for all the advice and encouragement i have found here...

It is my hope and prayer that everyone here shall have their green card soon..

-----------------------
And now after that senti-speech ;)
Here are some details on my GC journey :

EB2 (labour substitution) - India - PD Aug 2001
(my original LC was badly messed up by company lawyers ...after a hellish back and forth with lawyers and HR ... i was finally given LC substitution)
I-140/I485 filed 09/27/05
FP done on 10/27/05
I-140 approved 12/28/05
I-485 approved 04/06/06

i registerd at USCIS website only recenlty... so i am aware of only 2 LUD's on my I485
one on 03/08 - no message change or email
one on 04/06 - approved , GC has been ordered adn wil be send by mail message

I made one call to VSC to find if i cleared Name Check - i did this after my PD was current for 25 days and LUD didnt change.....
The lady was really nice and told me that she was showign 2 records about my name chekc , one said it was thru another said it was pending. She said it would be to the discretion of the officer to decide which one to use. She said to call back in 30 days if i didnt hear anything. One week later i got approval.

(to call VSC i used the foll instructions posted on a diff thread :
call the 800 number
1800-375-5283.
Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.), EAC0600650090
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "
You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4. )

Please feel free to write to me if you have any questions about my case...

Good luck to you all .... !!

ps : i want to also say my special thanks to my Indian compatriots on this forum....

Congratulations!!! Enjoy now...
snooeyshelby said:

This is my first post here and i wanted to share with you all that i received my 485 approval on Thursday April 6th.

Before i privide details on my case , i want to thank all of you that come to this forum to share your experinces ...- frustrations , as well as hope .....

-----------------------

(my original LC was badly messed up by company lawyers ...after a hellish back and forth with lawyers and HR ... i was finally given LC substitution)
FP done on 10/27/05
I-140 approved 12/28/05
I-485 approved 04/06/06

i registerd at USCIS website only recenlty... so i am aware of only 2 LUD's on my I485

I made one call to VSC to find if i cleared Name Check - i did this after my PD was current for 25 days and LUD didnt change.....
The lady was really nice and told me that she was showign 2 records about my name chekc , one said it was thru another said it was pending. She said it would be to the discretion of the officer to decide which one to use. She said to call back in 30 days if i didnt hear anything. One week later i got approval.

call the 800 number
1800-375-5283.
Press 1 (for english),
Listen to the options
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

ps : i want to also say my special thanks to my Indian compatriots on this forum....

Free Bird!!!!
--Naveen Oshos
snooeyshelby said:

-----------------------

FP done on 10/27/05
I-140 approved 12/28/05
I-485 approved 04/06/06

call the 800 number
1800-375-5283.
Press 1 (for english),
Listen to the options

snooeyshelby said:

Congratulations!! Its nice to see approvals in April first week. It gives hope to all of other people.

Congrats

snooeyshelby said:

-----------------------

FP done on 10/27/05
I-140 approved 12/28/05
I-485 approved 04/06/06

call the 800 number
1800-375-5283.
Press 1 (for english),
Listen to the options

Hi snooeyshelby,
Congrats and enjoy..
FP done 11/15/2005
I485 LUD 11/21/2005 (FP recvd) 03/02/2006 (no msg. change)

congrats snooeyshelby

Hi snooeyshelby
Congrats.. Thanks for your tip for calling VSC.I caled just now and talked to to a nice lady.She asked me about EAC #, whether my I140 is apporved or not . I saisd yes and she further asked for my I140 Receipt number and finally she came told that Visa numbers are available for my case , the case is moved and the decision would me made soon.
I do not understand what is "Case moved" means?,Is it moved to local office or just moved for further processing.? I asked her about my Name check results .She did not reply to that.. Keeping fingers crossed..:(

Good luck to all..