485 Approved today!

DesiInDC

Registered Users (C)
My friends, I am overwhelmed. Truly. To say that I'm thrilled, elated, overjoyed, relieved etc would be understatements. Yes.... 485s for myself and spouse were approved today!! What a journey it's been. The theme parks have not even come close to designing roller coasters like our GC journeys, but this feeling after getting off the ride is amazing. It's like a new calm has descended upon my mind and I'm able to gaze gaze peacefully into the oceans :) Clearly, I'm getting carried away, but what I can I do.. that's how I feel. My wishes and prayers for success to each of my cohorts on this forum.

Today's status update said "case has been approved and approval notice has been mailed......etc". Guess they'll order a card for us as the next step and I would not need additional biometrics since my calculations say that my FPs remain valid till mid July. Like many of you I was stuck in what seemed to be a never-ending name check abyss. I'd been in constant communicatin with my Senator office and boy let me tell you - they're amongst the most responsive folks I've seen. They followed up with USCIS and FBI number of times and one fine Wednesday in February even left me a voicemail saying that my FBI nightmare is over. So all's well that ends well.

So here's my story..

PD : March 15, 2001 EB3 India
140/485/EAD/AP; ND: 5/20/2004
140 AD: 12/7/2004
FBI name check cleared - 2/13/2006
485 approved: 6/9/06

Best wishes to everyone...

DesiInDC

Congrats !!!

Hi DesiInDC,

Let me take the honor of being the first one to Congratulate you ! Reading your mail I realized your happiness on this occasion...Well --- Go Ahead and ENjoy it !

Hopefully ---Ours is also around the corner !
Cheers :)

One more has flown over the cuckoo's nest. Congratulations !!!
--Naveen Oshos
DesiInDC said:
My friends, I am overwhelmed. Truly. To say that I'm thrilled, elated, overjoyed, relieved etc would be understatements. Yes.... 485s for myself and spouse were approved today!! What a journey it's been. The theme parks have not even come close to designing roller coasters like our GC journeys, but this feeling after getting off the ride is amazing. It's like a new calm has descended upon my mind and I'm able to gaze gaze peacefully into the oceans :) Clearly, I'm getting carried away, but what I can I do.. that's how I feel. My wishes and prayers for success to each of my cohorts on this forum.

Today's status update said "case has been approved and approval notice has been mailed......etc". Guess they'll order a card for us as the next step and I would not need additional biometrics since my calculations say that my FPs remain valid till mid July. Like many of you I was stuck in what seemed to be a never-ending name check abyss. I'd been in constant communicatin with my Senator office and boy let me tell you - they're amongst the most responsive folks I've seen. They followed up with USCIS and FBI number of times and one fine Wednesday in February even left me a voicemail saying that my FBI nightmare is over. So all's well that ends well.

So here's my story..

PD : March 15, 2001 EB3 India
140/485/EAD/AP; ND: 5/20/2004
140 AD: 12/7/2004
FBI name check cleared - 2/13/2006
485 approved: 6/9/06

Best wishes to everyone...

DesiInDC

Once in a wile I see VSC approving a EB-3 case. But it`s ok, slow and forever. We`re living at USCIS` shadows.

Senator info.

DesinDC

Can you provide the Senator info? I am in Virginia and my experience with senator's office has not been positive.

Thanks.

VA Senator...

I contacted Senator Warner's office via his senate.gov portal and kept in touch with one of his staffers for about 3 months. The staffer was very helpful, understanding and familiar with the hardships that folks like us face. All the best.

cbr_139 said:
DesinDC

Can you provide the Senator info? I am in Virginia and my experience with senator's office has not been positive.

Thanks.

Senator info - Thanks

DesinDC

Thanks for the info. I contacted both Warner's office (in Norfolk) and Allen's office (Northern Virginia); the response was "we can't do anything with FBI name check, you have to just wait".

Same thing here

cbr_139 said:
DesinDC

Thanks for the info. I contacted both Warner's office (in Norfolk) and Allen's office (Northern Virginia); the response was "we can't do anything with FBI name check, you have to just wait".