485 Approved, Passport To be expired. ???

Sehwag

Registered Users (C)
Friends, please advice.
my 485 approved on 11th May and Card Ordered

but my Indian Passport expiring on 1st of June .

what should I do ?

how long will I have before I must get GC stamping on my passport ?

if I send my passport to Indian Consulate for extension now I donno how long it takes ( may be 10 days )

Please advice.

Details

Hi Sehwag

The passport renewal takes about 2 weeks, I just did mine recently. Pretty efficient. I suggest you renew your passport and then go for stamping.

Sehwag said:
Friends, please advice.

what should I do ?

if I send my passport to Indian Consulate for extension now I donno how long it takes ( may be 10 days )

Please advice.

It used to take a day earlier...

If you go to the consulates personally say in NY, they would issue you the new passport the same day evening. Check with the consulate if its still the practice.

Pp

I sent first week of last month and still waiting for PP as it is taking more than 5 weeks.
But there is another option to get next day pp by paying $90 fees (I think it is around $90).
Good luck. :)

Best bet is to go to NY office

I renewed my passport earlier this year and got a new one later in the evening.... There is always an emergency process to issue new passports or renew passports...

sehwag please post your details

Sehwag
Please post your gc progress details with dates like RD,AD FP

Sehwag said:
Friends, please advice.

what should I do ?

Please advice.
Get your passport renewed. In NY the Indian Consulate renews the passport sameday, if you go there personally.
Cheers!

devanpk said:
Sehwag
Please post your gc progress details with dates like RD,AD FP
thanks for all the replies.

devank here is mine:

EB2 Subst Lab.
485/140 ND November 2004
140 AD End of Jan 2005
FP April 1st week 2005
485 AD + Card Ordered Day before Yesterday.

cantstopme said:
Hi Sehwag

The passport renewal takes about 2 weeks, I just did mine recently. Pretty efficient. I suggest you renew your passport and then go for stamping.
how much time do I have to get PP GC stamping ?

can you please tell me.

Sehwag said:
Friends, please advice.

what should I do ?

Please advice.

Since your card is ordered there is no need for you to get the passport stamped. Apply for a regular renewal of passport.

kmnalluri said:
Since your card is ordered there is no need for you to get the passport stamped. Apply for a regular renewal of passport.

I Concur with kmnalluri...
If you have a notification about your Card being ordered, you don't have to worry about getting an emergency passport, unless you are on the verge of a trip out-of-country.....

If nothing is around the corner..... apply for a regular passport renewal and take it easy.....
Stamping is required only until you receive your card.... If card is on its way, why bother with stamping..... It is still your call...

Just my 2c....

Cheers!!
V!

thanks to you all again.

I will probably go for regular New Passport procedure with express delivery