485 Approved NSC ND 3/8/00

Ram Rajan

Registered Users (C)
AVM indicates approval of my case
EB2 India PD:6/96 RD:3/1/2000 ND: 3/8/2000 FP &YF: 12/26/2000 AD:3/20/2001

No Title

Good New\'s from NSC.But what about DEC,JAN and FEB cases.
Are they approving from Year 2000 JAN?.

Last week they say its going to take 590 days and now approving march cases.Hard to understand NSC Staff.

No Title

what I herd from IIO last week is my case is with examiner.

eb3/rd,nd dec 99 / fp 12-2000 / ad ????????????

No Title

Ram Rajan, so Mar 2000 ND cases are processed now. Is there any other cases like this..pl. reply
how often did you have to call to get hold of IIO and what exactly to ask, pl. list few things to ask.
I wonder, if anyone calls IIO at INS, then they may open the file to process, I think it may happen. Pl. share your thoughts!

No Title

I wonder if they are approving cases by FP date. Too early to say, but these approved 2001 cases appear to have FP dates in Dec 2000.

BTW, good work Myladoor on the tracker.

No Title

INS officer logs your calls. They keep track how often the applicants\'s call.. I think we better don\'t call too often, may be once in 6 months is consider too much. If you call before the require time as specified by your I-485 notice, I guess you will get a bad remark and you might end up a considerable delay in approval.

No Title

NSC center, 485 approval
pd 4/96, rd3/7/00, nd 3/15/00, fp 12/26/00, avm approval 3/21/01
eb2/China

Endless waiting finally ends.
The case took about 3 years to get through Labor Dept, which sould be limit review, 9 months for 140 and 13 months for 485.
Almost out of this country(booked airplane tickets) because of 6-year H1 limitation.

NSC is expediting the 485 proceccing.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

No Title

Hi,
I did not call the service center even once though I had been thinking about it. This is my guess. I was on EB2 category and my PD happens to b in June, 1996. I do not know if PD matters, but I do not know if there are many others in that situation like mine. Also, the Yellow form. .We need to watch some more cases to guess anything at all.

No Title

There you go.. looks like PD have been taken into account in mine and i Kely cao\'s case at least
Good luck to everyone

No Title

Re: Michael C.

I think thats complete hogwash! Please dont scare people. This is still the United States of America isnt it? If it can be shown that the INS actually delays approval of cases becasue the applicants have been \'calling too much\' (as in more than once every 6 months!!??) we can sue their pants off!

I think one should feel free to call anytime & bug their asses. It can not hurt!

No Title

Whether or not INS logs how many times we called should not matter.

The basic idea behind calling less frequently/to whenever necessary is to keep them from getting bugged. They would be less inclined to do a better job if people are constantly bugging them and getting angry(some cases, I am guessing) with them. They may be most inefficient organization in the world/US, but if we keep bugging them too much, they could and will get pissed off as any other normal person would.

I probably would (not preaching to others) call them to check if my case is delayed more than *majority* of cases being processed currently to find out why or enquire about whether they received any RFE responses.

just my 2cents or 2paise which ever is cheaper!

No Title

There are a fixed number of IIOs to answer questions over the phone. That is why only a certain percentage can get through. They are not the same IIOs who review your case. No way there will be negative impact whatsoever, and I really doubt there will be anything positive either, given how detached they are from the reality.

My hope is, if INS is operating in any order, then there would be a status check/report periodically, and the head of the phone group will let the director know which areas have the most complaints and questions, so they can be addressed. Just my hope...