485 approved in 4 1/2 months, travelling soon, need stamping or use parol ?

rsaji

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Finally my 485 got approved after 3 1/2 years total wait for GC. 485 took only 4 1/2 months. Thanks to all of you for giving me valuable suggestions. Case details below. I haven't got my approval letter yet, just got the email. I need to travel to India this week. Do I really need the stamping to re-enter or I can use the parol ?

Category : EB3
Labor Filing Date : 12/01
Labor Approved : 08/03
140 Filing Date : 09/03
140 Approved : 10/04
485 filed : 01/05
FP : 03/05
485 Approved : 05/05
No message change in the 485, Just LUD changed two times after FP

Last edited by a moderator:
It is highly suggested that you get stamping (and possibly Transit visa - if going through most EU countries). People have tries to taken email/online printouts for stamping.
H/L or AP is supposed to be invalid once 485 is approved. But since your actual approval letter is not received, you are not supposed to know whether you are approved or not.

POE officers will give some considertations (as they cannot prove that you got your approval papers before you left). Usually INS quotes upto 2 weeks for delievery.

Congrats rsaji !!!!
When did you do your FP in March 2005 ?
Also what date did the message change to "FP results received ........" ?

rsaji,
Please check with your lawyer...I think I read somewhere in the forum that when you enter US they will stamp your passport with temp stamp/I-551 if you don't have one ..This occurs when your 485 is approved while you were out of the country or did not receive the approval notice when you left the country...But do check with your lawyer...

techieGuy said:
Congrats rsaji !!!!
When did you do your FP in March 2005 ?
Also what date did the message change to "FP results received ........" ?
FP done on March 29, no message change like FP results received, just couple of LUD changes. One on day of FP, next the day after FP and the third one on April 19.

Passport needs to be stamped for Travel

I'm in same boat. my wife supposed to travel on this saturday (7th). I've checked with my Lawyer & can't travel, until passport gets stamped.

Did you go through VSC ? Also which state was your FP done ???

My FP was done on 3/29 , FP results received 4/11 ...LUD changes on 485 4/18 and 4/19...No approval yet...
Thanks for your reponse.

Yes. My Application is with VSC. I've done my stamping at Nashville,TN. But I don't think location of FP matters. My PD is July 2001 (Labour file date). what is your PD?

rpolepalli said:
Yes. My Application is with VSC. I've done my stamping at Nashville,TN. But I don't think location of FP matters. My PD is July 2001 (Labour file date). what is your PD?

rpolepalli,

Congratulations on your 485 approval. Do you live in Nashville, TN??. You mentioned that your 485 was approved on 4/29 and you already got your stamping done....that was pretty quick.... Did you have to take a infopass appt or did you walkin to the nearest District Office??

I am asking this qn since I also got my 485 approved on 4/29 and waiting for approval notices...do I need infopass appt or can walkin to a USCIS office for stamping??

Appreciate your reply.

My Aplogy. I meant my FP is done at Nashville,TN. I've not even received my Approval notice yet.

Congrats for your Approval. please keep me posted, when you receive your Approval Notice.

Rpolippally,
Did your status is now card ordered or card mailed ? Mine is still in Card Ordered stage.

Now my Status is "Card Mailed". While FP, some clerk have taken my picture and my Thumb Print on to a Computer. I guess it's a new process Implemented very recently & who ever gave Bio metrics & Photo, don't need to travel to Regional office for PP stamping.

Good Luck to all.

rpolepalli said:
Now my Status is "Card Mailed". While FP, some clerk have taken my picture and my Thumb Print on to a Computer. I guess it's a new process Implemented very recently & who ever gave Bio metrics & Photo, don't need to travel to Regional office for PP stamping.

Good Luck to all.

ALL

can you all clarify some thing . If we get GC directly then do we need stamping . No need right . I think it is possible to show GC instead of passport stamping to avoide taking transist visa for EU route .Please calrify