485 Approved EB1-OTHER ND 5/26/00

cpub

Dear 485 waiters;

I have checked AVM today... again... To my surprise, our cases (both me and my spouse) were approved on 4/30/01. We knew our case would be approved sometime soon, given category and country, but not expected an approval before June. The details are:

EB1 - Other
PD - N/A
RD 4/22/00 (a typo; should be 5/xx)
ND 5/26/00 (i.e., 26 May 2000)
FP 11/7/00 (notice dated 9/28/00, delay due to travel)
No RFE
AD 4/30/01

(I-140 details: EB-1, ND 9/21/99, AD 5/10/00)

Whole process took approximately 20 months, significantly less than many other cases. We waited almost a year for 485 approval. Considering the fact that it probably took the adjucating officer no more than 15 minutes to check our file, the delay is simply ludicrous.

There weren\'t many approvals for \'other\' countries lately; I hope this information will help you guys to get an idea on VSC\'s progress for \'other\' cases. Note that our category is EB1.

I know this doesn\'t say much about cases from India and China, but I believe the fact that somebody at VSC actually opened a folder/box dated 5/00 is a very good news for everybody spending few hours every day trying to gather information on VSC\'s progress as I did for the last few months :)

Our thanks to everybody here who asked questions, provided answers and posted information about their case. Our very special thanks to Rajiv Khanna for this site, and to Myladoor for immitracker.

As seen from the data at immitracker site, there is significant improvement at 485 processing speed at VSC. With other work toward speeding up the processing of the cases, the future looks a lot brighter than it was few months ago. (Just take a look at some of the postings dated Nov/Dec 00 :)

We wish you all a quick approval.

No Title

Heartiest Congratulations! And thanks for taking the time to post the good news about the progress in VSC. I\'m India EB2 Oct 2000, but your case gives me a heart!!

aGCSeeker.

No Title

Congrats...VSC is processing 05/00 cases thats very good news..
I am not sure how much it is related to country India/China and
category EB2/EB3...guys please post your comments.

No Title

EB2 India types -

in April, we saw the first few 2/00 cases approved for Other country on 4/12. Just a week later, we saw India/China EB2s for 2/00 and 3/00 another week later.

Remember, there are not many cases between 4/00 and 10/00. Personally, I think we will see 10/00 by June01 end.

so guys, just hang in and wait for the good news....

No Title

Hope VSC treats long waiters (PD 95/96) like country Other
even if they are India or China. (You can guess how long I have
been waiting)

I feel VSC will streak thru Apr/May/Jun 2000 ND 485s in the next two months. Thats my hope - lets wait and see.

No Title

Raju,

I understand your frustration..its been very long for you guys
to go through such exploitation and uncertainty in life..hope you
guys get approval ASAP.

No Title

In my case its less a matter of exploitation than living with
a degree of uncertainty which makes making big decisions difficult.