485 Approved after long wait

sn99

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday the online message changed stating that my 485 has been approved. Thanks to people in this forum for providing useful information and patience in this long journey. I was almost set to use AC21 but I shall wait for sometime as it is approved.
I still have some questions:
1. What things I need for passport stamping. I believe I need apprval notice and 2 photographs. Is that correct?
2. I wanted to travel to India. Can I travel based on stamp in the passport or I have to wait for plastic card.
3.My pasport is expiring in next 6 months. I believe that it is OK to get GC stamp on this passport and get new passport later. Will this create any issue?
Thanks

Congrats

What is ur Status message before Approval and without LUD. Can you please let me know the status message? Can you please psot those details
Thanks
Rayudu

My pasport is expiring in next 6 months. I believe that it is OK to get GC stamp on this passport and get new passport later. Will this create any issue?

As far as I know they will not stamp a passport expiring in the next 12 months. You are unlikely to get it stamped because the stamp is good for 12 months.

What's your priority date?

sn99, congrats! I've been following your posts! Nice to see your approval.

GL.

617D said:
My pasport is expiring in next 6 months. I believe that it is OK to get GC stamp on this passport and get new passport later. Will this create any issue?

As far as I know they will not stamp a passport expiring in the next 12 months. You are unlikely to get it stamped because the stamp is good for 12 months.

What's your priority date?
Can anyone else also comment on the expiry date on passport for GC stampling. If this is true I should rush for passport renewal as it is less than 6 months left there.
My priority date was Dec 2003 / EB2
Regarding LUD, it was finger print recd.. and it changed to 485 approved.

How is that possible?

Your PD is 12/03. Your 140 got approved 12/03. :confused:

Did I miss somthing?

Sorry I amy be missing definition of PD. My labor was applied in May 2001. Not sure if that is called PD.

No issues with passport

expiry, coz i got mine stamped which was set to expire in november'05 in july'05. Go and get the stamp first, if they say then you have anyway have to change the passport.

Gcg

GCG said:
sn99, congrats! I've been following your posts! Nice to see your approval.

GL.

Dear GCG: Would you please tell me how you know that your name check has been stuck since March 2004?

Thanks

srichalam said:
expiry, coz i got mine stamped which was set to expire in november'05 in july'05. Go and get the stamp first, if they say then you have anyway have to change the passport.
If this is the case you will be getting new passport soon. Do you need to get GC stamped in new passport as somewhere I read in these forums that you will need to get GC stamped in new passport to work here. My passport is expiring in next 5 months and it seems (from experience to some people) that it takes 10-15 days to get passport renewed at SFO India Consulate.

sn99,

congatulations. they will stamp your passport until one day before it expires. If you don't get your plastic card before the expiry of the stamp date, you need to get passport stamped again. since you may have new passport when you visit USCIS office next time, they will stamp the validity for one year.

the passport stamp along with the approval notice can be used for travel outside US.

gcwtover said:
sn99,

congatulations. they will stamp your passport until one day before it expires. If you don't get your plastic card before the expiry of the stamp date, you need to get passport stamped again. since you may have new passport when you visit USCIS office next time, they will stamp the validity for one year.

the passport stamp along with the approval notice can be used for travel outside US.
Thanks, this means I should get GC stamped first and then renew the passport. I think there should not be need to get GC get stamped into the new passport (until GC stamp is expired) as I shall be travelling with both the passport (expired and the new one) and the expired passport will have unexpired GC stamp. Sounds correct?

I think Srichlam, is right, passport stamping does not depend on expiry of passport as it got GC stamped without issue though it was expiring in 4-5 months.
Though I have a question, I forgot to give one of my EAD (the latest EAD), should it create any problem or they just take EADs are those are not of use to us.
Thanks