485 Approval & welcome notice

vsaksena

Registered Users (C)
Today (more than 7 weeks after we got our 485 approved at a local USCIS offfice) we recieved the "welcome notice" in the mail.

The letter actually is an I-797 (Notice of action) which has the case type listed as I-181 - CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE and the Notice type as Welcome Notice.

There is no "welcoming statements" in the body of the letter. Rather the body has the following text

Your application for permanent resident status is being processed. If approved, a permanent resident card will be mailed directly to you from our Immigration Card facility. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the date shown on this notice, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

Is this the norm? Is this the famed Welcome Letter?

If so why would they have so very conflicting & weird language in the body of the notice which has the connotation that our permanent resident status application has still not been approved?
Anyone has similar experiences?

would appreciate feedback from forum members

Regards

Vikas

vsaksena said:
Today (more than 7 weeks after we got our 485 approved at a local USCIS offfice) we recieved the "welcome notice" in the mail.

The letter actually is an I-797 (Notice of action) which has the case type listed as I-181 - CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE and the Notice type as Welcome Notice.

There is no "welcoming statements" in the body of the letter. Rather the body has the following text

Your application for permanent resident status is being processed. If approved, a permanent resident card will be mailed directly to you from our Immigration Card facility. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the date shown on this notice, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

Is this the norm? Is this the famed Welcome Letter?

If so why would they have so very conflicting & weird language in the body of the notice which has the connotation that our permanent resident status application has still not been approved?
Anyone has similar experiences?

would appreciate feedback from forum members

Regards

Vikas

Hi - I recieved status update that 'Welcome Notice' has been mailed.Does this mean I'm through with my Green Card journey? Please advise..thanks

Welcome notice vs approval notice

Thanks for the info.Is welcome notice and approval notice the same? or shouls I be waiting for an approval before celebrating..

thanks.

check again your status. After receiving the aproval notice mine changed stating that our GC was ordered and a couple days later it changed again saying that this case has been approved and a notice was mailed to us (actually it was the GC mailed)
I think your all set, but I understand you having doubts, I was the same untill I saw the GC in the mail.

alincosma said:
check again your status. After receiving the aproval notice mine changed stating that our GC was ordered and a couple days later it changed again saying that this case has been approved and a notice was mailed to us (actually it was the GC mailed)
I think your all set, but I understand you having doubts, I was the same untill I saw the GC in the mail.

Status changed to 'Approved' today.Can't believe it :)
Hopefully the card will be in the mail soon :D