45 day letter for those who applied LC in NY State!!

Received 45 days letter

I got my 45 days letter on monday 08/29/05 and replied back on tuesday 08/30/2005.

NY EB3 RIR
SWA 09/10/03
45 day letter received 08/29/05
45 day letter replied 08/30/05

SWA: NY
Type: EB3 - RIR
PD: 09/10/03
RD: Never made it
45 DL: 09/01/05
Case number: P-05193-15XXX

Last edited by a moderator:
NY Labor

Hi Folks, I am newly registered to this forum. I applied in NY in 2001 and kinda had given up hopes. But then I thought what the heck, what do I have to loose by tracking where things are ... So, here I am. Here's my info if it helps,

Labor priority Date: 11/9/2001
Applied in NY
Lawyer told me they received the 45 day letter sometime in May 2005
haven't heard any thing yet.

GOD HELP US .. I'm sure there's hope, we'll get there .. someday!!

Hi All

I have read messages in this forum in the past, but first time registered myself and decided to post. I have a labor application that was applied in NY sometime in September 2003 (RIR EB2). Lawyer said that they dont bother to send acknowledgements etc in NY due to to volume of applications.

Good to know that there is now a thread specifically for people who applied in NY. Of course, I dont see much activity because I guess people who applied in NY have pretty much given up any hope, esp those in 2003 and later.

However, it does seem worthwhile to keep the thread going -- who knows maybe things will move....

Have one question -- how do I find out what my PD is and if my application is indeed pending in the BEC? My 6 years of H1 get over in a few months and I want to see if I can get my employer to file for a 7th year based on the pending labor application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any FIFO order in sending 45-day letters ? My case is from Nov-02 (RIR, NY SESA) and no 45-day letter yet.

guys ...

trying to keep this thread alive... No 45 day letter. i need to wait for how long ...god only knows

Filed in NY : Oct/Nov 2003..but I think I've seen someone around this time got a 45 day letter. Hope they pick mine too :)
But retrogression has dragged us back to even we came before to this country :eek:

PD Feb 2002

This is a very good idea. Thank you for creating this thread.

I am going to send a fax tomorrow to these idiots.

My case:

RIR LC application filed in Nov 2001 which comes up with a PD of Feb 26 2002 (how is this possible?)
ETA Case Number T-05136-xxxxx
Now it is at the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

No 45 days letter as of today Sep 28 2005.

Some people mentioned a LC tracker, please post more info about that.

LaborCircus said:
Have one question -- how do I find out what my PD is and if my application is indeed pending in the BEC? My 6 years of H1 get over in a few months and I want to see if I can get my employer to file for a 7th year based on the pending labor application.

In order to get your 7th year extension you will need proof that your Labor Certification is pending at the BEC. You should send an email to PBEC at the following email: H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US

put in the subject:

Filing Proof

Put in the body:

Employer name : xxxxxxxxxxxx
Employer address: xxxxxxxxxxx
Alien Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alien Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

State Filed: xxxxxxxx
Priority Date: xxxxxxxx (if known)

I recommend sending it in the morning before they get too many emails :)

2003 NY application in PBEC

Hi, My LC was filed in Oct 2003 from NY. Hopefuly it has reached safely to PBEC but I have no idea. When I called today 484-270-1500, I was trasftered to an automated message, that gave me an email address info@phi.dslc.us and we have to provide employer's name and applicant's first & last name.

Anyone got reply back from sending such email? How do we find out where the file is?

Please guide

NVNR

2002 may NY

my pd is MAY 2002 NY
my case # still starts with T
so i think its not completely entered into philly system

Good luck, everyone.

I just email the BEC to track the status of my case. I hope that I can get the reply in the near future. Did anyone get the emai reply from BEC? My LCA was submitted in Feb, 2002. RIR. No 45-day letter until now. Good luck, everyone.

Hello,I just got the letter in september 14

whats gonna happen next?, got the letter, i answered one week later.I sent it by registered mail,i got the confirmation of the receiving.Now i wonder how long will take for them to give me the answer of my approval or not..I aplied back in abril of 2001.

Received 45 day letter

Hello folks,

For the benefit of those interested, I got my 45 day letter. Applied for LC in Jan 2003 EB 2 category.

-Sriswam

My PD is march 2002 . No 45 days letter yet , filed in NY. My brother who filed in oct , 2004 from Kansas ,rec'd his 45 days letter .
Why is NY so slow. Is there anyway we can get things work faster.
I am getting crazy and sad day by day.....waiting for it.

Hi Notinlabor,

Looks like I am not the only one. Did you ever try to email h1b7yr to get screenshot?

I have similar priority date (3/8/2002). My coworker whose priority data is 3/7/2002 was able to get a screenshot from PBEC with # T-05131...I wasn't so lucky and my HR manager and I sent a few email to PBEC to request screenshoot and got no reply so far.

Called the PBEC and they couldn't locate the case and ask me to contact my attorney. The attorney ask me to send $100 first before he can inquire...

I don't know what to do, keep waiting forever or pay the $100...

melindwang said:
Dear all,

I am starting this thread to track the 45 day letter for people who applied LC in NY state. Please post your information in the following format:

Filing Date:
45-day letter received or not (what date received)
Approval or not (what date approved)

It seems to me most people applied in NY have not received the 45 day letters yet, even though most of us applied in 2001, and 2002. However, people with much later PD in other states have already received the letter. This is very frustrating, is there anything we could do about it?

hi, i havent got mine and my filing date was april 30, 2001

hi, my pd is april 2001 in NY havent got any 45 day letter but some of my friends got thiers 45 day letter with the same pd.

hi its me again just a suggestion, how about going to the media maybe they can help us expedite all this cases because its ridiculous that we have to wait this long, we already waited when all this cases is in the regional offices then they transfer to BRC then we have to wait for another more years. Maybe media can help us cut the red tape.

nylc4yr said:
Hi Notinlabor,

Looks like I am not the only one. Did you ever try to email h1b7yr to get screenshot?

I have similar priority date (3/8/2002). My coworker whose priority data is 3/7/2002 was able to get a screenshot from PBEC with # T-05131...I wasn't so lucky and my HR manager and I sent a few email to PBEC to request screenshoot and got no reply so far.

Called the PBEC and they couldn't locate the case and ask me to contact my attorney. The attorney ask me to send $100 first before he can inquire...

I don't know what to do, keep waiting forever or pay the $100...

Hi, who is h1b7yr is he gonna be able to help us, and what is screenshoot

For ashleydonna4

h1b7yr is short for h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us. It is an email address for you to send request for LC filing proof if you need it to file H1B 7 yr extension. The by-product is your case #/and sometime case status info which prove your case still alive.

If you haven't got your 45 letter, give it a try.