[3rd try] Police certification and passport validity for PR application

maximo

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Had a couple of questions
1) My passport is expiring in february '03. I was planning on applying for a new passport sometime in January. Should I renew my passport and then send my PR application or can I go ahead and apply now with my old passport? I want to send my application out ASAP

2) I am a little confused by the police certification requirements. Does one have to send the police certificates to the counselate with the PR application papers or is it that the immigration folks will request for this information when the medical papers are sent out? For Indian citizens, do we need to arrange for a police certificate or is it that the Canadian immigration folks take the responsibility for soliciting this information from the Indian authorities?

thanks

1) My passport is expiring in february '03. I was planning on applying for a new passport sometime in January. Should I renew my passport and then send my PR application or can I go ahead and apply now with my old passport? I want to send my application out ASAP

* You can send your Application with current passport, but you can renew your Passport from Indian Embassy or Consulate, when you get new copy inform them with new copy of your Passport, better do it once you have your File# so that they can keep it with the file

2)

**you should send your FBI report report with your application or you can send it later when you get the file#

For Indian citizens, do we need to arrange for a police certificate or is it that the Canadian immigration folks take the responsibility for soliciting this information from the Indian authorities?

* No need to send Indian police clearence they will do the background check