3rd EAD approved and FBI name check completed

Dear

Registered Users (C)
I applied my 3rd EAD renewal online on 4-13-04 and it got approved today per online. I sent a fax to FBI on 5-12-04 regarding my name check status and today I received a fax from FBI saying that they completed my name check on 1-11-03 and forwarded the results to USCIS.

Dear
I-485 RD 8-19-02.

Name Check ?????

Dear ..

Did you get any RFE or any request or anything from CIS to check for the FBI ? Let me know.

Guys ....

Are we supposed to get the information from FBI regarding our NAME CHECK ? Please let me know .... :confused:

jha

I did not get any RFE whatsoever for anything. I was browsing this forum couple of months ago and then found out that people are faxing to FBI if their name checks have been completed . I just did it like that and today I received the fax reply from FBI.

Format of Message to FBI for Name Check?

Is there a link to the Format of the Message? What are the details to be included in the message to FBI? Alien # etc.,

Please advise.

Thanks

This is what I faxed and also got the response back.

From

To

FBI Name Check Section

Sub: Request for result of name check

I have applied for my I-485 (Green Card Process) on 25th Jun 2002. I understand my case may be waiting for a security name check. Please inform me the status of the check. You may e-mail me, call me or leave me a voice mail.

My details:

Last Name -
First Name –
Date of Birth –
Alien #
Ph.:
Email:

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

-sk

Dear,

I have a doubt about this FBI name check ? what is this name check? is it a mandatory ? is it related to finger printing ? If both are different......can you please explain.......them and sequence of actions to be followed. and please let me know the contact numbers of the concerned offices.

Thanks,
skarza

************My timeline:

485 RD 4/24/2003
ND 5/1/2003
1st EAD 7/23/2003
1st AP 7/23/2003
1st FP 7/12/2003
2nd EAD 5/31/2003
2nd AP 5/31/2003

FP and name check are two diffrent things. They used to be there all the time. Prior to 09/11, INS used to wait for a fixed time for name check results from FBI. If they did not get any response, they assumed it to be OK and moved ahead. But, after 09/11, this became mandatory. INS does not process/approve unless they get the clearance from FBI for name check.

As per the sequence, it is not clear at which stage INS requests FBI for name check. But, it seems it is applicable for all cases irrespective of whether it is from Special Registration countries or not.

-sk

Hi,

Can you give me the fax no.

RD 24-May-2002
ND 29-May-2002
FP1 21-Jul-2002
FP2 02-Jun-2004

I guess this check is related to all (fingerprint, name, background check etc.). You should send fax to FBI for your dependents separately. Sending a fax to FBI regarding this does not help but at least it provides information if your case is not stuck due to name check.

Hi Dear,

What should we send to FBI ? What we can request......can you please send couple of sentences...what we can request them?

Thanks in advance,
skarza

This is what I faxed to FBI

To,

FBI
Name check department

Subject: Name check for Adjustment of Status (Green card)

Dear Sir/Madam

I applied for my adjustment of status at Nebraska Service Center on 8-19-02. My case is waiting for a security check for around 21 months. Please do the security check so that my case can move forward. Here is my information:

First Name: xxxxxxx
Last Name: xxxxx
DOB: xxxxxx
A#. xxxxxxxxxxxx

You can send me the results at fax: xxxxxxxx. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

XXXXX

How did you know your name had gone for security check?

Dear,

How did you know that your name has gone for Security check? We do not know our status and currently NSC is processing Jan 2002 cases. Can we ask Service Center to give us our status? We are thinking of being proactive to get USIC's attention. Is it good or bad? Is it going to help our case? We know we have some months to go for our cases to be touched but if we can have everything ready then things will be faster for us.

Please let us know.

TIA

GM

GM,

I believe that FBI performs name, background, fingerprints and all other checks once they receive your fingerprint data. I had my fingerprints done in Sept 2002 and FBI says that they completed security check against my name in Jan 2003. I have read in this forum that sometime your case is stuck due to some check and so thought I should send a fax to FBI.

Asking FBI about your background check may not expedite your overall case but at least it will tell you whether your application is stuck due to this or not. It depends on you if you want to do this or not.

Dear

Dear,

Can you please post the FBI fax number and how you forwarded the NAME CHECK results to NSC.

- Thanks,

Jha