30 day voluntary departure period

Greta B.

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
is there anyone out there that knows how to extend the 30 day voluntary departure period? I don't think that I am getting this waiver since the DoS gave unfavorable recommendation- never heard of USCIS going against a recommendation- and I am in the middle of obtaining a new passport from my country which can take longer than expected. I want to know, if it comes to that, how to extend the 30 day voluntary departure period. I know that you are supposed to apply to the USCIS, yet noone gives you any details about the procedure, where and what documents you are supposed to send...etc

Greta B. said:
Hi guys,
is there anyone out there that knows how to extend the 30 day voluntary departure period? I don't think that I am getting this waiver since the DoS gave unfavorable recommendation- never heard of USCIS going against a recommendation- and I am in the middle of obtaining a new passport from my country which can take longer than expected. I want to know, if it comes to that, how to extend the 30 day voluntary departure period. I know that you are supposed to apply to the USCIS, yet noone gives you any details about the procedure, where and what documents you are supposed to send...etc

Apply for visitor visa, you will need to show financial proof that how you will support yourself. You may seek attorney's advice and try going to O1 visa. It can be processed premium , I guess 15 days. If your boss can help you. You need letter of recommendations that you are outstanding researcher, O1, it is for 3 yeras and can be extended further. Stamping can be in Canada.

But seek help from an attorney and file through good attorney

Good luck