3 year Bachelors (general) degree

Hi everyone,

I have a 3-year general bachelors degree in math from a Canadian university in Ontario.

Does my 3-year degree satisfy the education requirement for computer systems analyst? Specifically, will USCBP view it as a bachelor degree, even though it isn't the more typical 4-year honors bachelors degree that most Canadian students get?

Thanks!

Probably not. Not because it is only three years (which is acceptable for TN), but that it is not CSA-related.
Hey nelsona

Does that also mean , if one has masters degree ( related to software/IT) from Canadian university then that needs to be of 2 years atleast or can 1 year masters degree suffice?

nelsona

Registered Users (C)
Master's degree is not a requirement for TN. It *might* be useful for showing course load, but would not qualify as a "two-year diploma" which you would add to 3 years experience to get TN.

Master's degree is not a requirement for TN. It *might* be useful for showing course load, but would not qualify as a "two-year diploma" which you would add to 3 years experience to get TN.
Thanks nelsona for clarifying . So 3 years exp + 2 yrs of diploma in IT is what is needed - got it ! ..
Another related question - does it matter if 2 yrs diploma is obtained online ( from an accredited university in Canada or US ) as far as TN eligibility is concerned ?

Last edited:
If a candidate has a 2 year Bachelor and a 2 year MBA, both from outside of NAFTA, will he be eligible for TN status?
What if the candidate only shows accreditation of the 2 year MBA---coz that's easier to obtain.
Thanks,

I would not think so. Both together would need to be evaluated to be equivalent to a US bachelor's degree.
Hi nelsona

Second option for CSA is 2 yrs of diploma + 3 yrs of exp ( as you mentioned earlier) - in here , how does one prove experience ?
I have employment letter from past company stating my designation , period of employment(4 yrs) and salary .However , job duties are not mentioned by the past employer in that letter .
I guess w/o having job duties on official letter head of the past employer , the work experience wont be counted - Is that right ?