3 months resident rule for citizenship

yahayajp

Registered Users (C)
hello GURU'S.i'll be eligible to file for citizenship in november this 2010,the problem is i'm moving out of state in august and will be signing a lease and change my ID in my new home state in august.I will be spending alot of time in my old state between august and november.will that be considered ineligible to file for citizenship based on the 3 months resident rule... thanks

If you have established residency in the NEW state in August (such as lease, drivers license, insurance), it does not matter if you are traveling to your old state/home.

Didn't I mention these above? Lease, driver license, insurance ... plus convert any bank account (change address I mean), utility bills - cable, phone, electricity.
There is no clear cut definition, but have as many evidences as you can.

Do not know your exact dates, but say you get your new state DL on Aug1, then if U apply on Nov 1, the DL should be enough proof for that.

I would be highly doubtful just DL will be enough. The officer may not check, but if they want to scrutinize this aspect, one piece of evidence will not be enough.

AFAIK, the DLs are not issues without a proof of residency, i.e. util bills, lease, settlement papers, etc. The state takes care of that.

So in my judgement, if the state issues you a DL on 8/1 (hypothetical), most likely you would have being in the state for a week or so (at least). So if yahayjp applies on Nov 1 the probable interview date is going to be Jan. So in Jan if you show your DL, it should be enough.

IMO, The key thing is that establish what is the proof of residency and make sure that the application is not done 3mos/90 days before the date on the proof.

Cheers!

AFAIK, the DLs are not issues without a proof of residency, i.e. util bills, lease, settlement papers, etc. The state takes care of that.

I never showed a proof of residence to get a DL. I have done it 3 times so far (3 states). Maybe it is my memory... or times have changed.
I would still insist the OP prepare multiple proofs of residence, if that is likely to be an issue. However, most likely they will not check anything until the interview, enough time to get these ready. So I agree with you there.