2nd marriage

Helen Hernandez

please help, this is my 2nd marriage to illegal alien, 1st marrige ended in divorce, not by my choice, he had many affairs, resulting in a child out of wedlock, we were in the process of completing papers for permanent resident when I found out about child, heavy drug use and drinking problems, numerous problems with local law enforcement. I divorced him in 2001 after 4yrs of marriage. I remarried recently to a wonder person, who doesn't care about legalization, only that we remain together. When the time comes can I help him with documents? I have been told that I need to wait 3 yrs from divorce before I can submit papers? then again I have been told, because of the circumanstance that ended in divorce I could submit papers for my new husband. Any great advice. :confused: :confused: :confused: Thanks HH

No you do not need to wait

You can file immediately after second marriage. Include your divorce decree though. The divorce is state matter and has no jursidiction with the INS time frame.
If your husband entered country legally, he shall have no problems adjussting status. You can just double check with an attorney with a free 1/2 hour consultation at your home town. Check yellow pages.
Good Luck