2nd interview

Yes, I realize that and actually it will be 120 days next Monday, May 13, 2013. The problem is filing 1447(b) costs in excess of $300, which we do not have. I've also considered requesting case assistance, via DHS-7001, from the Ombudsman and writing to my Senator for assistance but have heard the turn around time for a response from each is about 3 months.

I'm actually considering filing a new N-400 under the 5 year rule (with I-912 fee waiver request attached). However, my current case is still pending. Can one file a new N-400 application if the original is still pending? If so, would the original N-400 application have to be withdrawn?

I just did a Google search for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in regards to a fee waiver for filling a civil lawsuit. You might want to read the information this page in regards to requesting a waiver of fees, Request to Proceed In Forma Pauperis. http://www.nysd.uscourts.gov/courtrules_prose.php?prose=fees

I just did a Google search for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in regards to a fee waiver for filling a civil lawsuit. You might want to read the information this page in regards to requesting a waiver of fees, Request to Proceed In Forma Pauperis. http://www.nysd.uscourts.gov/courtrules_prose.php?prose=fees

Thank you very much dhlunar for researching this and providing the link. I will definitely have a look :)

I just hate it how people are not taken into consideration during this whole process... My husbands file was lost and it took him 10 years to get his citizenship, can you believe?? they should give a reasonable time frame and stick to it! If I knew this will take almost a year, I would have waited the extra two years and avoided the whole problem :(

How is your case progressing, Maxie1?

they are just doing their job to prevent fraudstars(fake marriage ). Not saying that you re doing something wrong.

If everything is true and genuine, don't worry you will be ok in the end.
BTW, are you both from same race/nationality? huge age difference?

Case is still pending :(
online it says they received our response and have 60 days to respond back. The problem is that the date they have online is 3 weeks after we actually submitted the documents (they were given to the officer in person), another issue is that I'm almost at the 120 days. Honestly, I'm sure at the end everything will be fine, but waiting for so long, and putting plans on hold because of that just makes life harder...

How is your case progressing, Maxie1?

they are just doing their job to prevent fraudstars(fake marriage ). Not saying that you re doing something wrong.

If everything is true and genuine, don't worry you will be ok in the end.
BTW, are you both from same race/nationality? huge age difference?

Hi! I hope this will just happen sooner than later :) we are from the same nationality, age difference is not too big... thanks!

Yes. My case also delayed for some reason.
I am not lucky, the IO was not so friendly. It's maybe a matter of race.