2nd FP

immi9112003

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

Myself and wife received a 2nd FP Notice and the date is 20 January 2004.

Is it ok to go early... and how early can we go ?

Pl. let us know.

thanks!

I tried that. They did not allow us to go early. However, I was told that one could go anytime in the next 80 days.

I did not get the 2nd FP notice, only my wife did. My lawyer has suggested that I go along with the I-485 notice and request them to FP me as well. Not sure if that would work.

Any idea?

You can go early!!

I think you can go to fingerprints earlier. My friend got 2nd FP notice and he walked-in to the INS office and gave the fp's. I did the samething for my 1st FPs.

I guess they won't encourage if you call them, but if you walk-in in a slack time, they will take yours most probably.

hi everybody,

thnx for your replies.

we are in two minds about going or not going.

I guess we will go on the date. where we have waited for so long why not a month more.

thnks again for all your replies.

when does 2nd FP notice comes

Its going to be an year since I filed my 485.
I got my FP done about in Feb 2003 (10 months back) so obviously they will be expiring soon in February 04.

How does 2nd FP process takes place and when?? Will BCIS send me 2nd FP notice after February 04.
What is the deal with this process. Please share your knowledge and experiences on this.

Thanks & i appreciate your help.

KK

boston

I went to get FP2 early in Boston due to unavoidable circumstances. They took me in the same day, I was done in 45 minutes.:D

amcom

I think the fingerprints are valid for more than a yr. Maybe 14-15 months not sure , I think 14 months.
-jd

Originally posted by wonderfull
Why delay and risk another INS slowdown? So far, INS has not penalized AOS approval for early FP...

The fact is that, the delay in AOS processing is not due to FBI fingerprint check. Normally FBI checks are done pretty much on time. So I don't think early fingerprinting helps anyway to make AOS processing faster. USCIS takes its own time whether fingerprinting is done early or late.

2FP Done!

Got myself and wife's 2fp done. Was the same process as 1fp. the whole process was over in about 45 minutes. just asked for the ead and the fp notice recd.

lets hope gc gets thru now...

bol to us everybody else in the same boat!