2nd FP notice after long time

anandsbr

Registered Users (C)
#1
My 485 was filed in Dec 2004 and my PD has been current for a while.
I have been stuck in the name check. I got a notice for 2nd FP today.
My first FP was done in Feb 2005, its been 23 months since then. I remember of mentioning to USCIS representative 4 months before and I was told that when they take up my case they would ask for FP again.

Is this a good sign for the case to be processed???
 

HaraKad

Registered Users (C)
#2
anandsbr said:
My 485 was filed in Dec 2004 and my PD has been current for a while.
I have been stuck in the name check. I got a notice for 2nd FP today.
My first FP was done in Feb 2005, its been 23 months since then. I remember of mentioning to USCIS representative 4 months before and I was told that when they take up my case they would ask for FP again.

Is this a good sign for the case to be processed???
I am sure it is....good luck!
 

supply_demand

Registered Users (C)
#3
Excellent Sign!!!

I think it is a very good sign. Generally when they pick up your file and notice your FPs have expired then they send you a new FP notice. I think this is a good sign that your name check is through. You can expect good news right after your FPs.

good luck and god speed.
 

pallu2004

Registered Users (C)
#4
Hi

I filed my case in dec 2004....EB3 India wtih PD Apr 2001. I did my 1st FP (code 3) in Aug 2005...after that gave biometrics for EAD in Jan 2007....recieved right now 2nd FP (code 1)....does this means my name chk is cleared....will appreciate your feedback
 

Sri_know

Registered Users (C)
#5
Was there any LUDs on your cases

Hello Guys,
I think, it is a good sign....and one question to you guys is "did you see any LUDs on your case recently?".
thanks,
Sri
pallu2004 said:
Hi

I filed my case in dec 2004....EB3 India wtih PD Apr 2001. I did my 1st FP (code 3) in Aug 2005...after that gave biometrics for EAD in Jan 2007....recieved right now 2nd FP (code 1)....does this means my name chk is cleared....will appreciate your feedback
 

harapatta2005

Registered Users (C)
#6
its a good sign

I too had my first FP in feb 2005 and recd second FP in oct 2006 and then in novemeber i got approved. In between i was also told by the representative that when everything is clear i will receive 2nd FP. Also when i went for 2nd FP they just did 10 fingerprints (no photo) . So i thought i may have to wait again but then in nov i recd approval and immediately after 10 days i recd notice for biometrics(photo as well as index finger)

all the best.
 

anandsbr

Registered Users (C)
#7
I did see LUD in Nov

Sri_know said:
Hello Guys,
I think, it is a good sign....and one question to you guys is "did you see any LUDs on your case recently?".
thanks,
Sri
Well, I did see an LUD which mentioned that "Fingerprinting reviewed and case resumed'. This LUD I saw after almost 2 years.
 

mk_gc

Registered Users (C)
#8
2nd FP

I also received my 2nd FP after more than 2 years. I had submitted my 485 on 12/16/2004. I was wondering if evrything is ok. Is there any chance of receiving RFE after 2nd FP?
 

mk_gc

Registered Users (C)
#9
I was stuck for a long time. Today I spoke to VSC rep and he mentioned that VSC is clearing all old cases. They are not taking any case - new cases are going to TSC (as I remeber).

One suggestion, if case is stuck due to name check - best person to contact is Mrs Bush. My name check was cleared within 3 weeks and I received a personal letter from Unit Chief of FBI (Security Clearance).
 

Al_aos

Registered Users (C)
#10
pallu2004 said:
Hi

I filed my case in dec 2004....EB3 India wtih PD Apr 2001. I did my 1st FP (code 3) in Aug 2005...after that gave biometrics for EAD in Jan 2007....recieved right now 2nd FP (code 1)....does this means my name chk is cleared....will appreciate your feedback
I am in a similar postion as yours. I too applied for EAD renwal.
I did my Biometrics on dec 18 and I recd a notice dated dec 19th from the local office ( case in local office after interview in OCT 2004 ) for my 10 finger prints.PD has been current for some time now.
Do they do FP's now for EAD also or was it for approval of GC.
As long I get my EAD renwals done I dont care anymore........
 

pallu2004

Registered Users (C)
#14
2nd FP with CODE 1

Guys

I am EB3 India and PD is APR 2001. My case is current from Jan 2007. In NOV 2006 we (me and souse) got LUD on our I485 application without any change in message.

Later in November 2006, we efiled EAD and AP. AP got approved in DEC 2006 and we did out Biometirics (CODE 2) for EAD renewal in JAN 2007. No approval as of now on EAD.

Simultaneously in JAN 2007, we also got FP CODE 1 for 485. Today morning we completed our FP CODE 1 for 485. Today i will be tracking the LUD for FP on our 485.

Just curious to find out if I will get my case approved this month or not. Any people in the same boat as i am....

Thanks
 

pallu2004

Registered Users (C)
#16
luckyone2000 said:
Pallu2004 - When did you do your first FP? Can oyu post your RD, Name check cleared dates, etc?

Good luck
I am not sure about the Name Check issue. I tried calling the VSC officers to tell me if my name chk is cleared. they refused to tell anything over phone. I was waiting to give my 2nd FP. Now i am thinking of calling VSC again on Monday

I did my 1st FP in Aug 2005 that was CODE 3. My 485 RD is Dec 2004
 

huxf

Registered Users (C)
#17
my 2cents

From my experience, the most accurate and efficient way to check if Name Check cleared is though Conregressman or Senator's inquiry.

You can just call (better than mail) them and ask for help on case inquiry. They only needs your A# and birthday.

For my case, Senator's office got information bacl in just 1 hour and congressman's office got me back the next day.

pallu2004 said:
I am not sure about the Name Check issue. I tried calling the VSC officers to tell me if my name chk is cleared. they refused to tell anything over phone. I was waiting to give my 2nd FP. Now i am thinking of calling VSC again on Monday

I did my 1st FP in Aug 2005 that was CODE 3. My 485 RD is Dec 2004
 

pallu2004

Registered Users (C)
#18
huxf said:
my 2cents

From my experience, the most accurate and efficient way to check if Name Check cleared is though Conregressman or Senator's inquiry.

You can just call (better than mail) them and ask for help on case inquiry. They only needs your A# and birthday.

For my case, Senator's office got information bacl in just 1 hour and congressman's office got me back the next day.
thanks huxf....i will give it a shot next week...i will also try calling VSC and check on the case status....
 

anandsbr

Registered Users (C)
#20
Infopass Appointment after 2nd FP notice

Since I had already taken Infopass appointment before receiving 2nd FP notice, I had gone there.
I gave my A# for immigration officer and she checked my records and said my name check has been cleared in December. Then she gave me another appointment for FP without asking me anything. When I told her that I had already received from USCIS then she asked me to go by that notice.

I am yet to give FP scheduled this month end. Hope things would move forward soon.

Guys question is my EAD expires in May'07. Should I wait or apply for 3rd renewal.

Appreciate it.
 
Top