25 years old man born abroad

sadlybrok

hi friends im a 25years old man born in haiti with a us citizen father and a non citizen mother ( my father married another woman)
deep in my heart i know that i m a citizen through my father but i dont know i to claim it because my father is dead when i was 7 years
but he filled out some papers for me, before he died , he applied for a us passport for me but he didnt sent the form cause he was sick as hell back then
i would like to know if i should make an appointment in the embassy before apply for a us passport , or if i should fill the n 600 .
i wanna know what they will ask me for the appointment but i have

my birth certificate with my fathers name on it
my father's birth certificate
my father certificate of naturalization
a copy of his us passport
my father's death certificate

my older sister who was born in haiti tell me that she will take the dna test with me if needed

You need to show that:
* Your father was physically present in the US (in any status) before your birth for a cumulative total of 5 years, including 2 years after he turned 14
* The blood relationship with your father is established by "clear and convincing evidence"
* Before you turned 18, the following two things must have happened:
- Unless deceased, your father agreed in writing to support you until you turn 18, and
- You were legitimated, your paternity was acknowledged by your father, or your paternity was determined by a competent court.

Since your father died before you turned 18, you don't have to worry about the written support requirement; his death certificate is enough. Since he was naturalized, he almost certainly have more than 5 years of physical presence, but you still need enough evidence to document it. I'm assuming that you weren't legimated? Did your father ever acknowledge your paternity or was your paternity determined by a competent court before you turned 18?

You can apply for either a US passport or a Certificate of Citizenship. A US passport is much cheaper and faster to get.