221(g)

bwilliams

My wife of 2 years and I had our interview in the Dominican Republic consulate, where after a series of questions where we provided different answers on only two questions. After the interview our case was placed on administrative Review 221(g) which did not state a reason as to why, or were we given any information what was needed to over come the 221(g). The interviewer was asked why? His response was "that our marriage was not believable"; I offered to show 2 years of my western union receipts, telephone records with calls to my wife, and air plane tickets where I had made numerous trips to the Dominican Republic. The Interviewers response was that "no I do not want to see them; you can buy those documents any where".
I am really confused, because the immigration consulate guide lines clearly states the following: 3. 9 FAM 42.43 provides general guidance on preparation of memos to USCIS requesting revocation of IV petitions. Separate sections in 9 FAM 41 on petition-based NIV categories (H, K, L, O, P) provide similar guidance on when to return those petitions. In all cases the guidance Emphasizes that USCIS approval of a petition is prima facie evidence of the applicant’s entitlement to visa status, and that consular officers should not attempt to readjudicate petitions. Rather, a consular officer should only seek revocation of the petition if the officer knows, or has reason to believe, that the petition approval was obtained through fraud, misrepresentation or other unlawful means, or that the beneficiary is not entitled to the status conferred by the petition. Petitions generally should not be returned unless the post uncovers new information not known to USCIS at the time of petition approval. The FAM cautions that posts should seek revocations "sparingly," to avoid inconveniencing the petitioners and applicants and to avoid creating an additional administrative burden for USCIS.
4. Providing solid evidence of fraud or misrepresentation in a petition relationship may not be achievable in many cases, particularly those involving marriage or relationship fraud. The FAM guidance on revocations makes this point on several occasions -- posts seeking revocations must show the "factual and concrete reasons for revocation." USCIS has asked us to remind consular officers that revocation requests must provide solid, factual evidence of fraud or misrepresentation, evidence that is likely to stand up in a court of law. In the case of sham marriages, for example, 9 FAM 42.43 N2.2 notes that USCIS requires at the least either documentary evidence that money changed hands between the petitioner and beneficiary or factual evidence that would convince "a reasonable person" that the marriage was entered into solely to evade immigration laws. Without such evidence, USCIS will be unlikely to obtain a petition’s revocation if a petitioner chooses to contest a notice of intent to revoke.

So my question is what course of action can be perused in a situation like this, where the consulate ignores and violates those guide lines established to handle visa cases?

This just does not seem right!