212(E) Applies

Lakksh,

You have helped a lot. thank you for the info. I have read the dos website and it says that the trainee can have training for maximum 18 months. So I can have mine extended for a maximum of 18 months. If I would like to get a F1 or another J1 after 18 months, then would that be possible or is it like that I would need the waiver for any visa no matter if it is F1 or J1?
Please provide some info regarding this also.

This post has now excellent information for a beginner for waiver. I would recommend the beginners to go through this entire post.

Thanks everybody for helping me so far. I am going to apply for the advisory opinion. I have few doubts in my mind which I would like to clear. If anybody could help me then that would be really great. My doubts are:-

1. I have no funding from any Govt or Govt agency. I just get a small stipend from the software company where I am undergoing training. Now, should I mention in the cover letter to be sent to Advisiory opinion people that I have no Funding from any Govt or should I get a letter from my sponsoring company that no govt was involved or should I send my papers as it is with no mention that I have no funding from any Govt?

2. I came to US 2 months ago and have still 14 months left for Visa expiration. So would it create a negative impact on the Advisory opinion committe that I am asking for a advisory opinion so early or is it okay and they do not care about this?

3. I have read in the forums that a person who has applied for a waiver cannot apply for extension of J1 program. Does the same hold true for a person who has applied for an Advisory Opinion?

This website is excellent source for J1 visa waiver info and that's the reason why I always ask my questions here and have maintained a single thread till now. I would request the people to please respond and help me to clear my doubts.
Thank you.

Thanks everybody for helping me so far. I am going to apply for the advisory opinion. I have few doubts in my mind which I would like to clear. If anybody could help me then that would be really great. My doubts are:-

1. I have no funding from any Govt or Govt agency. I just get a small stipend from the software company where I am undergoing training. Now, should I mention in the cover letter to be sent to Advisiory opinion people that I have no Funding from any Govt or should I get a letter from my sponsoring company that no govt was involved or should I send my papers as it is with no mention that I have no funding from any Govt?

U need to mention anything in the cover letter. The funding information is already mentioned in your DS-2019.

2. I came to US 2 months ago and have still 14 months left for Visa expiration. So would it create a negative impact on the Advisory opinion committe that I am asking for a advisory opinion so early or is it okay and they do not care about this?

it will not affect

3. I have read in the forums that a person who has applied for a waiver cannot apply for extension of J1 program. Does the same hold true for a person who has applied for an Advisory Opinion?

NO. u can apply for advisory opinion at anytime and it does not affect ur status. Ur not allowed for J-1 extension if you obtained J-1 waiver

This website is excellent source for J1 visa waiver info and that's the reason why I always ask my questions here and have maintained a single thread till now. I would request the people to please respond and help me to clear my doubts.
Thank you.

Just send a cover letter asking for whether you are subject or not with a photocopy of your ds-2019 and visa page on your passport. Thats it. In the meantime u can start processing for getting NORI from india .

U dont need to mention anything in the cover letter. The funding information is already mentioned in your DS-2019.

it will not affect

NO. u can apply for advisory opinion at anytime and it does not affect ur status. Ur not allowed for J-1 extension if you obtained J-1 waiver

Thank you.

Just send a cover letter asking for whether you are subject or not with a photocopy of your ds-2019 and visa page on your passport. Thats it. In the meantime u can start processing for getting NORI from india .

U dont need to mention anything in the cover letter. The funding information is already mentioned in your DS-2019.

it will not affect

Thank you.

Hi Guys,
I have prepared the following checklist to be send to Indian Consulate for attestation. I have to send these docs to Consulate in San Fransisco.The website has a bit confusing info. Please check and if there is something that I have missed.

1. 6 Original forms and get them notarize.
2. 2 photocopies of the form ( So, total forms = 8).
3. My Passport.
4. Fees.

Now, by Passport do they mean my original passport or photocopy of Passport. Also, they have not mentioned about the Ds-2019 so do I have to send a photocopy of that or not. I would really apprecaite if some one could clarify my doubts.

For Lakksh -> You have mentioned in a previous reply that I need to send a proof of my US address. So, do I need to send that with these forms. I am just wondering because they have not asked for that on the website. Thanks.