• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Uganda winners meet here.

Congs

Congs to all Ugandan winners in DV 2014. I am also a winner at first attempt, Glory be to God.

Case no: 201400011XXX
Checked : May 1st
Forms: To be sent 10th

Guys I have a question about qualifications. Do they consider only O-Level results, if yes what is the number of credits wanted and if I do not meet the required number of credits but I have a university course will they still disqualify me. Guys am waiting for your responses.

hello i have my form filled already but am still checking for errors.Now i have one question....
the name and address of the Petitioner in the DS-230,the address will it be my current address of where i intend to stay in united states?

hello i have my form filled already but am still checking for errors.Now i have one question....
the name and address of the Petitioner in the DS-230,the address will it be my current address of where i intend to stay in united states?

Current address.

Hello Namirembe,

They consider A' Level and not O' Level. From what I have read, you need to have at least over 50% in most of the subjects and shouldn't have failed Mathematics or English at O' Level

Case no: 201400078XXX
Checked : 01-May-2013
Forms: To be sent 08-May-2013

Hello Josephodibo,

That should be your current address.

Regards,

DV 2014AF00078XXX

My friends from Uganda, I've been following the matter about the A Level and O Levels. There is no specific requirement to take these certificates with you if you have a high school diploma (this is THE document to have) or a minimum of two years work experience in your respective field that qualifies under the O-Net website criteria.

While there is no harm in taking your A Level and O Level certificates to the interview, nobody will ask you if you failed English or mathematics specifically.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

Hello,

Momo1980, Good to have you brother form and thanks for your advice and inspiration. Am called Ivan and a Ugandan. I won in the DV 2014 with a Case Number of 2014AFOOO15XXX.

Now i have three questions to ask.

on form DS, they are asking about a place you have lived at least six months before making it 16. i have lived in Bushenyi district and thats where i have i attended both my primary and high level.

for example this is how i answered the question. Bushenyi Town, Western Province, Uganda, 06-2001 to 11-2001

My second question is about the photo. is any specific photo link that DV immigrants use to confirm whether their photos meets all the initial requirements.

My third question is since i live in Bushenyi district here in western Uganda, does that mean i should get the police clearance and certificate from the regional police center here in Bushenyi district and how should i begin applying for it

Hi Josephodibo,

All they need is your current address.

(Ugandan ) CN 2014AF00015XX

Ivan

Hello,

Momo1980, Good to have you brother form and thanks for your advice and inspiration. Am called Ivan and a Ugandan. I won in the DV 2014 with a Case Number of 2014AFOOO15XXX.

Now i have three questions to ask.

on form DS, they are asking about a place you have lived at least six months before making it 16. i have lived in Bushenyi district and thats where i have i attended both my primary and high level.

for example this is how i answered the question. Bushenyi Town, Western Province, Uganda, 06-2001 to 11-2001

My second question is about the photo. is any specific photo link that DV immigrants use to confirm whether their photos meets all the initial requirements.

My third question is since i live in Bushenyi district here in western Uganda, does that mean i should get the police clearance and certificate from the regional police center here in Bushenyi district and how should i begin applying for it

Ivan, thank you for your message and may the blessings of Jesus and the Lord be with you. My name is actually Mohamed but people call me Momo (yes a Muslim but with love and tolerance for people of all faiths!).

Regarding your questions I shall answer sequentially:

1) Residence where you lived - the way you have answered the question is correct.

2) Photo requirements (check the link, it has the guidelines) - http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/visaphotoreq_5334.html

3) Police certificate - yes you should get it from your locality or alternatively a national police certificate. In my case I am going for a general police certificate (as our country guidelines tell us where to get it i.e. Ministry of Home Affairs) and also an Interpol certificate from the same place.

I hope the above information was useful :)

Yah thanks.

Now on the question regarding the Name and Address of the petitioner, Should i put the names and address of my aunties that is going to host me in the USA or i should put my names and address.

Thanks

There is some confusion on the petitioner issue. To my understanding the petitioner is either oneself or the host but other members on this forum say it is oneself.

What I suggest you do is put yourself as the petitioner and get an I-134 form filled and notarised (if I'm not mistaken) by your aunt and sent to you by courier to take with you to the interview in case you are asked for it.

Yah thanks.

Now on the question regarding the Name and Address of the petitioner, Should i put the names and address of my aunties that is going to host me in the USA or i should put my names and address.

Thanks

The petitioner is YOU. This is made very clear. Other immigrant categories, through family or employment, require someone else to make a petition on your behalf. For DV applicants, you are the only petitioner, there isn't a US Citizen or permanent resident who is filing an application to claim you.

What about a certificate

Hello Namirembe,

They consider A' Level and not O' Level. From what I have read, you need to have at least over 50% in most of the subjects and shouldn't have failed Mathematics or English at O' Level

Case no: 201400078XXX
Checked : 01-May-2013
Forms: To be sent 08-May-2013

If some one stopped at O-Level and went straight to university and obtained a certificate then diploma, won't they consider the certificate or the diploma as a basis of educational eligibility?
Why would they look at O-level if some one has a higher qualification and has passed O-level

If some one stopped at O-Level and went straight to university and obtained a certificate then diploma, won't they consider the certificate or the diploma as a basis of educational eligibility?
Why would they look at O-level if some one has a higher qualification and has passed O-level

Well the Visa Officer can choose to look at which ever qualification. The most important thing is that you meet the minimum qualification. With a diploma, you should be fine.

Thanks JONGE

Well the Visa Officer can choose to look at which ever qualification. The most important thing is that you meet the minimum qualification. With a diploma, you should be fine.

Yeah, I think each case is handled differently and it depends on the visa availability, if there are few visas available, they start tightening so that they eliminate some people. I know some Ugandan who was in S.5 second term and he was granted a DV, they told him to obtain a recommendation from his school indicating his results of 1st and 2nd term of S.5.
How many people do you think won in Uganda for DV2014, I am not seeing them on this forum.

Case no: 201400011XXX
Checked : May 1st 2013
Forms: 10th May 2013
Tracked using FedEx
Reached KCC : 14th May 2013
Signed for By: T. Campbel
Now waiting : 2nd NL, God willing

Namirembe,

most Ugandans are on the Kenyan thread...since the amount of Ugandans who apply for the DV isn't high, the few tend to use the Kenyan thread to seek advice and help. Over there it is super active. As to the number, I am not so sure. So far for the 2014 DV, I know only you and 4Turya.