2013 July N-400 Tracker

Chicago doesn't have same-day oath. My interview was on 9/19 in Chicago and I am currently in line for the oath (four days already), but I've seen some people on this forum get their oath letter and oath within a week from the interview.

Became a citizen today! Nice ceremony, with the usual patriotic stuff, quite emotional at times. All in all about 1 h long + 30 min at the beginning until everyone was seated and until they were done organizing the certificates in the order of people's arrival. Happy to be a citizen and to be done! Looking forward to purge my records from 11 years worth of various status changes and copies of status-related applications etc!
Next and last step: passport application tomorrow!
Greatly appreciated this forum during both my I485 and N400 applications!
Good luck to all of you!

Congratulations fushy!! I got the email notification that my oath has been scheduled, will find out the date in a couple of days.. can't wait to get this over with!

New member!!

Just found this thread, below is my timeline.

Looks like most of you who applied in July got their citizenship. Is anyone still in progress?

Hi I am from August tracker, but I have scheduled interview on nov. 12. My question is that what is yellow letter?? I didn't receive yet. Please let me know if I don't receive it what should I do.
Thanks in advance.

Hi I am from August tracker, but I have scheduled interview on nov. 12. My question is that what is yellow letter?? I didn't receive yet. Please let me know if I don't receive it what should I do.
Thanks in advance.

The "Yellow Letter" will tell you what documents you need to bring to the interview. Usually that are your GC and the drivers license. If your case is under the 3-year rule (marriage) you need tax transcripts and other stuff.

The "Yellow Letter" will tell you what documents you need to bring to the interview. Usually that are your GC and the drivers license. If your case is under the 3-year rule (marriage) you need tax transcripts and other stuff.

When should I expect to receive? Is it right after interview letter or right before interview date?

My timeline added. All the best to everyone.

06/13/2013: N-400 sent
06/19/2013: NOA received (Priority Date 06/17/2013)
06/25/2013: FingerPrint letter
07/19/2013: FingerPrint done
07/23/2013: Inline for interview
8/06/2013: Scheduled for interview
8/10/2013: Interview letter received for Septemebr 11th
9/11/2013: Interview passed
9/23/2013: In line for Oath Scheduling
9/27/2013: Oath Letter Received
10/10/2013: Oath Date :)

Yellow Letter is system genrated letter and you should receive it before the interview so you can take the documents for the interview if any. I am not sure if everyone receives the Yellow Letter but maybe gurus can confirm this.

So many of you are US citizens now! Congratulations!

I received the yellow letter last week to bring my state id and copies of last three years of tax returns. I hope this means that I will get an interview date soon but not getting my hopes up... because I live in New York. Not cool... It also seems that most get the interview letter first not the other way around... sigh. Did anyone get the yellow letter first? If so, did you get the interview date shortly after? In New York? Thanks!

Oath done today. A very nice, simple and sweet ceremony.. a couple of short, inspiring speeches, beautiful renditions of 'America the Beautiful' and our national anthem :).. but the best part was the short introduction of all the new citizens and the joy in everybody's voices! God Bless America!

Oath done today. A very nice, simple and sweet ceremony.. a couple of short, inspiring speeches, beautiful renditions of 'America the Beautiful' and our national anthem :).. but the best part was the short introduction of all the new citizens and the joy in everybody's voices! God Bless America!

Congratulations usn400! So exciting.

On another note, I called USCIS help line because it's been more than 90 days since my last notification. A very helpful agent, I must say, stated that I will probably have to wait another 30 days to receive my interview date. Sigh... NYC is backlogged... Am I the last one in this group?

Thanks!! My journey is over.. received the passport (and voter registration confirmation)! :D
Good luck to everybody!

Decision still pending:(

Had interview on Nov 12th.

Test passed, IO told me that he still needs to review my file.

Haven't heard anything yet.